Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Decide When to Give Up On Your Blog, Business, or Project
This is the third podcast in a miniseries about what you need to do to find success as a blogger on online entrepreneur. The first episode was about the importance of establishing the habit of starting new things, instead of just coming up with great ideas and thinking about them. The second episode was about the importance of persisting.
Today’s episode is about how to decide whether now is the time to quit your blog, business or project. There is definitely a time to quit a project; it’s a part of life. But timing your quitting can be important! I share my own personal experience, as well as questions you can ask yourself to work out what is right for you.
In This Episode
- Inspirational quotes about the benefits of persistence
- Why you should ask yourself if it’s time to quit
- 4 questions to ask yourself to help you decide if it’s time to stop
- How to decide if you should be quitting, or just slightly changing direction – and real life examples of people who have done this successfully
Further Reading and Resources for How to Decide When to Give Up On Your Blog, Business, or Project
Other episodes in this miniseries on the important things bloggers/online entrepreneurs should do to find success:
- Part 1 – The Most Important Thing You Will Ever Do as an Entrepreneur – Podcast Episode 88
- Part 2 – The Second Most Important Thing You’ll Ever Do as an Entrepreneur – Podcast Episode 89
Real life examples of people who have successfully ‘pivoted’ or changed direction:
- Ignite Your Blog Growth to Take off with These Actions, by Donna Moritz at Socially Sorted
- 5 Most Important Writing Lessons Learned After Pivoting Our Blog Twice, by Buffer Social
How did you go with today’s episode?
Have you had a time when you wanted to quit? What did you decide to do? If you chose to ‘pivot’, or change direction, what did you choose, and did it work for you? Do you have other tips or tools that helped you make your decision? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Enjoy this podcast? Sign up to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter to get notified of all new tutorials and podcasts below.