Note: you can listen to this episode above or load it up in iTunes.
How to Make Your Blog Stronger by Interacting With Your Readers
Today’s episode is about how to deepen relationships with your readers on your blog. One of the most common questions I get from my readers is “how do I get my readers to interact with me?” Not all bloggers spend a lot of time trying to build community but most of the successful bloggers I know of do. This is the first of a two-part episode. Today is about why building engagement with your readers matters so much.
In This Episode
- Why blogging is more than just producing content
- Why you might want to encourage interaction from your readers
- My personal story about what has and hasn’t worked for me in growing community on my blogs
- How building community makes your blog more useful for your readers
- How building community builds social proof for your blog
- How building community makes your blog more attractive to advertisers
- How having a community can make it easier to create and sell products
- How having a community can make your blog more attractive to sell
- How having a community can create an army of advocates and evangelists
- How having a community can help you generate new content
- How building community can improve your personal blogging satisfaction
- The costs you might encounter in building a community around your blog
Further Reading and Resources for How to Make Your Blog Stronger by Interacting With Your Readers
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you have other tips that have worked for you? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.