How to Decide What Your Blog Should Be About
Today’s episode is all about how to decide on the focus topic for your blog. Having a niche topic for your blog helps you focus but it also helps new readers find you and current readers to understand more easily what you and your blog is about. I share 15 questions that you can ask yourself that will help you work out possible themes for your blog and help you choose a niche to focus on.
In This Episode
You can listen to today’s episode above or in iTunes or Stitcher (where we’d also LOVE to get your reviews on those platforms if you have a moment). In today’s episode I show you how answering these questions can help you unlock what the focus topic of your blog should be:
- What interests do you have?
- What experiences have you had? (work, personal, life, relationships)
- What expertise and skills have you developed?
- What are your passions?
- What are your dreams
- What gives you energy?
- What is your ‘pet peeve’?
- What do you find yourself talking to your friends, colleagues, customers and even strangers about?
- What are your most frequently asked questions?
- How do people introduce you, talk about you or describe you to others?
- What is your super power?
- What do you wish your friends, family did differently, knew or understood?
- If you could write about anything what would it be about?
- What are you learning at the moment? What are you most interested in learning more about?
- What is your ‘mission’ in life?
Bonus Question: What type of person do you most feel for?
How did you go with today’s episode?
What did you learn from today’s episode? Do you have other tips that have worked for you? What will you try next?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
Finally, if you have a moment we’d love to get your feedback on the ProBlogger Podcast with this short survey which will help us plan future episodes.