Are you an apple fan?
Do you possess a flair for writing coupled with the ability to carry out in-depth research?
Can you grab readers’ attention and build yourself an online following?
If so, I want to hear from you!
I am looking for a couple of writers to work on a freelance basis delivering about 3 - 5 articles a week on all things apple products for a new technology website that I am building.
I’m an experienced online marketer who has over the years developed many websites on all different types of topics - building them from nothing to websites with huge cult followings which have propelled my writers’ online careers.
If you are willing to join me at the start of this journey, you’ll get the opportunity to shape what you write about and help grow the website as well as your writing portfolio and following.
The successful writers will not only be able to provide samples of concisely worded but authoritative content but have bags of knowledge and passion about new technology, and be nice people to work with!
About the role
I am starting up a new technology site and I need lots of content to kickstart it. We will be focusing on adding real value to this space; so no waffley filler product review/list pieces. But lots of detailed educational pieces from how-to, to technological know-hows and detailed guides!
I am looking for someone more than just a technoid. I am on the search for writers who are knowledgeable about all things apple.
Ideally, I’m looking for an apple fanboy or fangirl but I am open to hearing from excellent writers without that experience if you have a solid knowledge of apple plus the other skills I need, which are:
- Good at keeping in touch; you will need to keep me updated with lead and complete times for articles so we can regularly plan the content schedule for the website;
- An excellent writer whose pieces flow well and are free of grammatical errors;
- Ability to write concisely; no waffle or fillers;
- Happy to follow writing guidelines (I have a specific tried and tested structure for articles that I have fine-tuned over the years) but very importantly putting their flair and personality into the pieces to engage their readers; we are not a textbook;
- An in-depth researcher so that your pieces are informative, new, and stand out from the crowd, even better if you can use your knowledge to suggest topics for future pieces to me;
- An enthusiastic team player; sharing their writing with their followers and through their channels;
- A commitment to writing; I’m looking for someone keen to stay the course;
- The ability to include your screenshots and pictures in guides and how-tos is not a must but a HUGE bonus!
In return you will get:
- option to get credit for all your work with your team bio on the site;
- regular advance commissions so you know when the work is coming in;
- respect for your time and your work;
- support on our writing style and what we’ve learnt over the years works;
- feedback from us to continually learn and improve - but also an open and receptive team who are keen to hear your feedback and ideas.
How will it work?
- Successful applicants will be given a crash course on writing for the web and search engines.
- I will then give a paid sample article to write based on the agreed price range.
- If the article passes, we move to a full-time publishing schedule.
- Most articles will range from 1000 words to 2500 words.
- Payment ranges from 0.02 to 0.04 per word - which is $20 to $40 per 1ooo words.
- Payment can be made weekly or monthly by PayPal, Payoneer, or Transferwise.