About Byte Media Group
Byte Media Group is a growing marketing agency. We offer content marketing services that provide clients with smart market insights and analysis to an investor-minded and entrepreneurial-minded audience. Our focus is on cryptocurrency and blockchain clients exclusively.
We're looking for n fast, cryptocurrency-focused Staff Editor to join our team.
We're looking for a fast, witty, and knowledgeable Staff Editor to join our growing team of content producers. You will need to have experience or understanding of cryptocurrency - as we ONLY produce cryptocurrency content for ourselves and our clients.
Your knowledge of cryptocurrency must be substantial enough that you can easily identify questionable claims within the content, and do a quick Google search to verify if the content is accurate or not.
What You’ll Do:
• Work with a content team to deliver top-notch social content
• Structurally edit articles for story arc, flow, and thesis coherence
• Copyedit articles for punctuation, grammar, and accuracy
• Take ownership of the entire editing process, ensuring writers understand your edits, reasons for changes, and become better authors themselves
• Work closely with the Content Producer to ensure a seamless flow of content production on a weekly basis (upwards of dozens of articles per week)
• Must be able to attend regular daily meetings via video
• Must be able to work EST hours (8am-7pm)
• Must be located in Canada, USA, or Europe respectively (due to security and banking regulations).
What You’ll Bring:
• Background in and/or passion for cryptocurrency, investing, and markets
• Ability to write in a compelling, original voice
• Passion for impacting the world through creative insights and education - driven by your clarity in the editing process
• Deep familiarity with all things editing - article structure, thesis structure, copyediting
• Ability to submit outstanding work on ambitious deadlines
• An eye for humor, engaging content, and compelling copy
• Great familiarity with the Hero's Journey
• A love for cryptocurrency, markets, finance, and pop culture news
• Coachability and willingness to improve
• Get sh*t done attitude
• Ability to make things happen quickly (and communicate quickly)
• Ability to structure content in engaging, coherent narrative with impeccable grammar.
What We Need From You:
Please submit two example edits (before and after) of your work
We’d also like to know about one project you're extremely proud of. <-- This could be anything.
Please email Justin at [email protected] with the subject line “Staff Editor” in the subject line. Unfortunately, we won’t read your application without this information.
This is a long-term contract position. We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
This is a remote position.
What’s going to be most important, is your drive to succeed, your ability to get sh*t done, and your quality of work, naturally.
Look forward to hearing from you.