- Passionate about dog welfare and positive dog training?
- Looking for ongoing writing work in this market?
- Comfortable writing long-form content (1000-3000 words)?
If so, you could be the candidate we need!
I'm Alex, the founder of TheDogClinic.com - a website about dogs and how to care for them. We are looking to increase our content production, so we want to bring on new writers to grow the team.
About The Site
Our goal is to help people care for their dogs with kindness and compassion. That means we only write about positive training methods - no punishment or "alpha dog" methods!
All articles are thoroughly researched, backed by scientific evidence and provide practical information for the average dog owner.
I'm looking for writers who are passionate about dogs and who can deliver at least one article per week (1000-3000 words each). There may be opportunities for more work than this.
We’re looking to work with a freelancer on a long-term basis. You’ll be paid per word for this role.
The articles will be on a variety of topics related to dogs. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Research a given topic using high-quality sources. You will often be given a basic outline, but will still be expected to perform your own research
- Write content that provides real value to readers and isn't just a rehash of the top Google results
- Follow the provided article briefs and style guides closely
- Present evidence-based information in an easy-to-understand format
- Work with the editor to make article revisions as required
- Respond quickly to team communications
What I'm Looking For
You don’t need to be a professional dog trainer for this role, but some experience with dogs is desirable. You must firmly believe in positive dog training and be comfortable researching in-depth topics.
Research is a big part of this role. Our content aims to be far more detailed and in-depth than most other websites, so you’ll need to use a variety of sources and not just rely on the first page of Google.
- Passionate about dogs, positive training, and canine welfare
- Have written dog-related articles and can provide samples with a byline (you will receive a byline when writing for us)
- Ideally have professional or volunteer experience working with dogs
- Able to write at least one article per week (1000-3000 words each)
- Capable of performing in-depth research
- Native English speaker
- Impeccable grammar and spelling
- Ability to write in an engaging tone
- Able to closely follow our style guide, article brief, and provided outline for every article
- Willing to work with an editor on revisions and respond quickly to team communications
- Competitive pay per word
- Regular and long-term work
- Full training provided
- Flexible workload (we respect your schedule)
To apply, please click the link to the application form below. I look forward to hearing from you!