Hello! I'm Alex, the owner of a UK-based website that provides home cleaning advice, with a focus on floor cleaning, vacuum cleaners, and steam cleaners.
We’re looking to add another high-quality writer to the team who can research and write informational articles. If you’re…
- Passionate about home cleaning and love learning new housekeeping tips…
- Enjoy doing in-depth research to help your content stand-out from the crowd…
- Able to write succinct and focused articles that truly help readers...
Then you might be the writer we’re looking for!
For these articles, you’ll be provided with a brief outline of the headings to include in the article. You’ll be paid per word and will receive a byline on the website.
About The Site
The website was established in 2017 and helps thousands of people each day to clean their home more effectively. Our traffic is largely based in the UK and is focused on products and techniques for cleaning home flooring.
We’re looking for a writer who is interested in home cleaning and who can deliver one article per week (typically 1200-2500 words.)
Initially, you’ll be writing informational guides related to vacuum cleaners, steam cleaners, and floor cleaning. These range from technical vacuum guides to cleaning hacks for certain types of flooring.
Further down the line, you’ll also need to write other types of articles. These could include comparison reviews and product roundups (full article briefs will be provided for each type of article.)
Here are some more details about the position:
- We’re looking to work with a freelancer on a long-term basis.
- You’ll need to research, write, and edit one article per week.
- You’ll be paid per word for this role.
- Detailed article briefs, a basic outline, and examples will be provided for each article.
- You will be expected to follow the article briefs and style guides closely.
What We’re Looking For
You don’t need to be a professional cleaner, but you should have plenty of experience with home cleaning and be interested in learning (and communicating) new techniques and tips. You should also be comfortable researching technical topics related to household appliances.
Research is a big part of this role. Our content aims to be far more detailed and in-depth than most other websites, so you’ll need to use a variety of sources and not just rely on the first page of Google.
- A solid understanding of home cleaning and an interest in learning more about this topic.
- Willing to perform extensive research using a variety of sources (including online articles, YouTube videos, product manuals, forums/Reddit, and more.)
- Able to write in an engaging and easy-to-read style.
- A native English writer (or at least native standard.)
- Able to follow instructions and style guides closely.
Able to submit one article per week.
- Willing to work with an editor on revisions and respond quickly to team communications.
- Competitive pay per word
- Regular workload
- Full training provided
- Flexible workload (we respect your schedule)
To apply, please click the link to the application form below. I look forward to hearing from you!