- Passionate about dogs and their welfare?
- Looking for ongoing writing work in this market?
- Comfortable writing long-form content (1000-5000 words)?
If so, you could be the candidate we need!
I'm Alex, the founder of TheDogClinic.com - a website about dogs and how to care for them. We have expanded the site over the last year and are receiving thousands of visitors each week, so we want to bring on a writer to grow the content faster.
About The Site
Our goal is to help people care for their dogs with kindness and compassion. That means we only write about positive training methods - no punishment or "alpha dog" methods!
All articles are thoroughly researched, backed by scientific evidence and provide practical information for the average dog owner. Topics range from training to canine health, and we also write in-depth buyer's guides.
I'm looking for writers who are passionate about dogs and who can deliver at least four articles each month (1000-5000 words each). There may be opportunities for more work than this though.
The articles will be on a variety of topics related to dogs. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Research a given topic using high quality sources. You will often be given a detailed outline, but will still be expected to perform your own research
- Write content that provides real value to readers and isn't just a rehash of the top Google results
- Follow the provided article briefs and style guides closely
- Present evidence-based information in an easy-to-understand format
- Work with the editor to make article revisions as required
- Respond quickly to team communications
What I'm Looking For
I'm looking for experienced writers who are:
- Passionate about dogs and their welfare
- Have written dog-related articles and can provide samples with a by-line (you will receive a byline when writing for us)
- Ideally have professional or volunteer experience working with dogs
- Able to write at least 4 articles per month (1000-4000 words each)
- Capable of performing in-depth research
- Native English speaker
- Has impeccable grammar and spelling
- Can write in an engaging tone
Each article has a required word count. You will be paid in proportion to the length of the article.
To apply, please click the link to the application form below. I look forward to hearing from you!