Men’s Gear (mensgear.net) is a digital magazine that provides its reader base with cool, interesting, unique and useful male-centric content. The content focuses on high-end gear and lifestyle products that are aimed at young men with disposable income. The reader base is primarily US based.
We require several writers both for our short-form posts about coolest new gear, rides, whiskey, gadgets etc… along with writers who can manage longer buyer guides and evergreen topics. Many of the topics being written about will require additional research, so applicants must have good research abilities and be able to present complex information in an easy-to-understand way. We also require an experienced full-time content planner and overall site manager, see more on that below.
This job will be suitable for writers with WordPress experience and basic SEO skills. You will be required to upload the articles and make sure they’re ready to go live.
In addition to your interest in the niche, you will have to research further on the topics to write content that provides real value, not a rehash of what you googled on the topic.
If you’re already following similar sites like ours: Uncrate, HiConsumption, Gear Patrol, Man of Many and others, or you have written for them, you will be a likely candidate.
Content Planner / Site Manager
(We’re flexible with this role, however, we will only consider highly experienced candidates who has similar or party similar roles in the past)
In addition to the above, we are also looking for content planners with excellent SEO skills and experience in Affiliate Marketing to research buying guide topics, carry out keyword research and prepare briefs for writers. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for creating, editing, posting, updating, and occasionally cleaning up outdated content.
- Manage the CMS - working with team members and editors to ensure it is meeting the site’s needs.
- Create and implement content schedules for people to produce or update content.
- Write, but mainly editing, web copy to a high standard for our readers.
- Understand how content is optimised for SEO, and be familiar with optimising Yoast.
- Produce content schedules and audits, which writers and editors use to keep copy up to date and to create new content at appropriate times.
- Conduct content audits to identify gaps and redundancies in the site content such as backlinks, the reader experience, code errors, advertising features.
- Source, commission and sometimes edit images - collaborate with the image editor.
- Source and hire writers and other staff as necessary.
improve policies relating to the web content, such as a house style.
- Train staff in writing and producing content for the web
stay knowledgeable about the site's subject area
- This is a remote position, so frequent communication by Skype/email is imperative. We’d prefer someone to take on this role full-time, 30+ hours per week, to ensure we’re at the top of our game in all areas. Pay is subject to experience.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to take us to the next level, get in touch!
How to Apply
Please send an email to: [email protected] and write following within the subject line of the email:
“JOB AD: Men’s Gear - Writer Position” or “JOB AD: Men’s Gear - Content Planner / Manager” dependant on the sort of role you are applying for.
**We will only accept applications that contain the following information about yourself:
— Your previous experience and the positions you have worked in
— Some links to your published work [please provide links to similar content as outlined above]
— Do you have experience with WordPress platform?
— Please provide info about your experience and your knowledge on SEO and keyword research, topic research skills.
— Please also mention if you have worked on similar sites