Do you love television? TVSeriesFinale.com is looking for a writer to write industry-related news articles in a timely manner. The website primarily reports on TV show cancellations, renewals, and premiere dates. We don’t do opinion pieces, reviews or recaps.
We’re looking to hire a freelance writer for 10-15 hours a week during regular weekday work hours (PST). This is regular on-going work (the current person has done it for four years) so, just being able to write once in a while or only evenings/weekends won’t work. It’s important that we post news items in a timely manner.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be able to write posts quickly and accurately. Typically this means writing either 200-350 word articles or short summary paragraphs that will precede a copy-and-pasted network press release. Article information, headline, and photo resources are provided so you can focus on the writing.
- Be reliable, professional and able to focus and devote yourself to posting.
- Have experience posting with WordPress and sharing via social media.
- Prior experience writing for an online or print publication is strongly preferred.
- Have a reliable Internet connection and computer.
- Enjoy working on a TV blog and helping to increase traffic.
- Be over 18, be very familiar with US TV, and have English as a first language.
To apply, please email the following to [email protected]
- Your resume, including relevant experience.
- Writing samples of 200-300 words, preferably television news. Links to articles are fine. If you want to write up some specific samples for your application, that's fine but certainly not required.
- Your M-F availability to post in a timely manner.
- What you’re looking for in terms of hourly pay.