Vanlife blog Gnomad Home is looking for a remote content writer with hands on experience living in and/our building out converted vehicles.
You will write informational articles on the following topics: building all aspects of a DIY camper van, solar/electrical, living in a van, rig roundups, rig profiles, and product roundups.
- Initial workload will be about one article per week to start. Article length will be 2,500-5,000 words, depending on the topic.
- Pay will be hourly at $25/hr. We place a high emphasis on properly researched, comprehensive and engaging content, and we want our writers to do more than just hit a word count.
- We also offer hands on training in SEO, content planning, and web copy writing to help hone your skills.
- This is a freelance contract position with room for growth into an editor or content manager role.
- Native English-speaking, preferably US-based.
Current or prior experience living in and/or building out vehicles (vans, skoolies, RVs, etc).
- Capacity for 2,500-5,000 words per week of researched, in depth writing.
- Willingness to work with our content team to develop article structure and revise drafts until they meet all content goals.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for fluffy writing. If you aren't prepared to go the extra mile, deliver value with every sentence, and back it up with in-depth knowledge, research, and your personal experience, this is not the job for you.
How to Apply
- Fill out our online application via Workello (link below).
- Include links to any samples you have. If your samples are not published, please include a link to the document (i.e. Google Drive link). Select "less than 1.000 words per day" for the daily writing capacity.
- In your cover letter please include a brief bio, your experience living in / building out vehicles, and the phrase "bumpy roads." Then answer the question "why do you want to work for us" in ~50-75 words.
- Complete a 300-400 word writing assessment to evaluate your first draft quality (invite only).
- Complete a short 10-15 minute phone interview (invite only).
About Gnomad Home
Gnomad Home (https://gnomadhome.com/) launched in 2016 with the mission of cutting through the bullshit and breaking down barriers to living on the road. We do this by sharing real information on build techniques and products, highlighting cheaper DIY ways of doing things and the practical aspects of nomadic living, and featuring nomads who don't fit the IG stereotype. Our priority is publishing content that is comprehensive, informative, engaging, and the best out there on each topic.