I'm Alex, the owner of APT Media - a marketing agency who run a number of websites in the UK home appliance industry.
We are looking to expand our content writing team by bringing on 1-2 writers for product reviews and long-form content in several different industries related to home/kitchen appliances.
About The Sites
Our goal is to produce reliable content that people can trust. This means every article or review is thoroughly researched and backed by scientific evidence (when applicable).
Topics range from reviewing coffee machines to writing “how to” guides for home cleaning. You will be provided full instructions on how to write the various types of article.
You’ll also be writing for our sites - not clients. We are not re-selling your services, we want to find writers who we can develop and work with in the long-term.
I'm looking for passionate writers who can deliver at least 10,000 words per month. There may be opportunities for more work than this though.
The first batch of articles will be related to a specific type of home appliance (reviews, buyer’s guides and informational articles). You will be provided with a style guide and article brief, but will need to do your own research. You will also be expected to create an outline before writing for the editor to approve.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Research a given topic using high quality sources
- Research and create an outline before writing each article that will be approved by the editor
- Write content that provides real value to readers and isn't just a rehash of the top Google results
- Follow the provided article briefs and style guides closely
- Present evidence-based information in an easy-to-understand format
- Work with the editor to make article revisions as required
- Respond quickly to team communications
- Reliably meet deadlines
What I'm Looking For
I'm looking for experienced writers who are:
- Able to perform in-depth research and write authoritatively about a variety of topics related to home appliances.
- Able to follow instructions and style guides closely. This is the key to success in this position.
- Able to write at least 10,000 words per month
- Native English speaker (ideally from the UK)
- Impeccable grammar and spelling
- Can write in an engaging tone
- Happy to be a ghost writer (a byline will not be provided for these articles)
- Experience writing product reviews is desirable (but not essential)
- Competitive rates per word
- Regular workload
- Full training provided
Each article has a required word count. You will be paid in proportion to the length of the article.
To apply, please click the link to the application form below. I look forward to hearing from you!