The Mission is looking for a talented writer to craft a written article version from each episode of our podcast. We don’t need a list, we don’t need a summary of the episode. We need your creativity to take the show transcript, show notes, and/or audio file, and turn it into an original written article (think op-ed or essay) that offers:
- Value to anyone reading it (tease out the most valuable insights and strategies from the episode and make them even more relatable and applicable)
- Provide value that helps the reader: live, laugh, and level up their skills, health, wealth, and wisdom.
- Include 2-4 sentence quotables (the most valuable things the host and guest said) that provides readers with an easy way to share the article and provide value to their social followers.
- Ensure that the article delivers so much value that the reader wants more and learns that this article is a written version of an episode of Mission Daily, your #1 daily podcast for accelerated learning.
You’ll have a detailed outline of show notes for each episode.
Who are we looking for?
- Skilled writer who has past writing examples that showcase their work
- Someone with thick skin who can incorporate feedback quickly
- Very strong researcher who knows where to look for good backstory details, studies, and research that make the article priceless and go beyond common knowledge
- ie. we do not want an entire article containing only facts or details that can be found on the first page of Google or is directly from Wikipedia ;)
- 5+ years writing experience
- High attention to detail
What to include in your application:
- Links to your published work
- Why you would be a good fit for this role
- A few Podcasts you enjoy or listen to
- Your fee per word or per article (each article will be 1000 words or less)
Looking forward to potentially working together!
ps- if all goes well with working together, we have a lot of other future writing work that we can potentially hire you for! :)