My name is Kurt Schmidt and I am a serial entrepreneur. I'm the owner of Inside The Magic and looking for some more rockstar Disney-loving writers to join our team.
About the company:
Inside the Magic is the number #1 site online for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Universal Studios, and more. Plus movie news for all of your favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars films, covering the most interesting, entertaining, and unique entertainment experiences in the worlds of theme parks, movies, TV, video games, conventions, special events, and so much more.
About the role:
Inside the Magic is looking for innovative, creative, passionate, and knowledgeable Writers to join our team. These are paid opportunities to write about theme parks, entertainment, travel, and more.
Someone who has a background in journalism/communication and has worked in or around social media/marketing.
If you love discussing all things Disney Parks, Disney Cruises, etc., we have a job you’ll love. We are hiring a full-time reporter who just “gets” Disney and loves the Disney community as a whole.
We are looking to hire Full-Time Contractors for this role.
We are looking for someone in the US or Europe time zones, and the hours must be between 3am Eastern (which is 9am in Paris) and 6pm Eastern (which is midnight in Paris).
Writers do not need to be available during all of these hours. They are free to choose a schedule during the day that works for them as long as it’s within this range of time. Content submitted for publication each day after 6pm Eastern and before 3am Eastern will not be accepted.
This role is perfect for you if you…
- Are you “that” fan – you know, the one everyone comes to explain what the Disney Parks have to offer? Or the world of the Marvel Cinematic Universe or the complexity of the Star Wars canon has to offer? How do to Disney do the “right” way? The more you know about Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruises, and the other Disney Parks around the world, the better!
- Knowledge of other fandoms and streaming services such as Stranger Things, the DC Extended Universe, and Harry Potter.
- Have a keen awareness of what your fellow fans want to read on a daily basis
- Enjoy taking a critical eye to trends and understanding what matters NOW
- Are part of the Disney community on social media and understand what is happening around Disney on a daily basis.
- Are willing to seek out new leads and writing opportunities, sharpen your investigative reporting skills, and get creative by thinking outside the box.
- Are looking for a paid writing position in the Disney Parks field.
- Are capable of writing about theme parks, in particular, the Disney Parks and Resorts.
- Embrace Fast Paced Environment – Love of writing and proven ability to write quickly under tight deadlines
- Must have SEO knowledge and experience.
- Previous writing experience that demonstrates your ability to write accurately about Disney Parks, in particular.
- Ability to meet deadlines, including writing news articles quickly and efficiently in a breaking news setting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Already keeping up with the latest Disney Parks news by being a dedicated fan yourself.
- WordPress (or other CMS) experience is a plus.
Responsibilities (but are not limited to):
- Writing at least 25 articles per week, every week. Articles are typically 400-600 words in length.
- Writing an average of 40 hours per week, including one day every other weekend.
- Keeping up with the latest Disney Parks news and writing based on the demands of the news cycle.
- Keeping up with News Sources and Social Media pertaining to Disney Parks.
- Self Motivated and self Directed with regard to seeking out new sources of news.
- Work with an existing talented team
- Completely remote schedule
- Location independence
- You’ll be joining a high-level and fast-paced team, working with exciting projects
Please note that you’ll be joining a fast pace and high-achieving team. You’ll be held to high expectations and challenged. And you’ll also be supported in your growth in this role professionally as well as personally.
If this sounds interesting to you please proceed to the application.
After submitting your proposal, I'll send you some questions regarding your experience. Shortlisted candidates will receive a 2nd round of questions so I can understand you as a person better. After the 2nd round of questions, you will be invited to perform a test project or a remote interview.
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!