PhiladelphiaWeekly, a 50 year old paper covering arts and entertainment in PA, is seeking editors/writers experienced with hookup apps, online dating, and adult content to help us create SEO-friendly content for our website.
Writing must be funny, engaging, and helpful to our readers.
Boring articles will not be tolerated.
This position has flexible hours and lets you work from anywhere. You'll be working in a medium-sized company of 70 people, with many opportunities for promotion, bonuses, and advancement.
Your responsibilities in this position:
- Write about topics such as hookups, dating, sex advice, NSFW content etc.
- Approach topics with a sex-positive, open-minded manner while also carrying out considerable research and developing insights
- Possess a strong understanding of developing SEO tactics
- Ensure articles follow our style guidelines and are well-written, skim-able, and great answers to the article's keyword.
- Give feedback and coaching to writers if their articles do not follow the style guidelines
- Work with our advertising partners to make sure our articles are compliant with their guidelines.
Continually improve documentation, training, and processes.
- Available 20-25+ hours a week.
- Ideal candidates are looking for a long-term career and eager for promotion to content management and strategic roles.
- Experience working with niche websites and product review content.
- Experience with tools such as ClickUp, Asana, WordPress, SurferSEO, Google Docs, Slack.
- High attention to detail and desire to help create well-written visual content readers enjoy.
- Flexible work schedule
- Long term work
- Higher than average pay for qualified applicants
- Create impactful content read by millions of people
- Opportunities for bonuses and promotion