SweetScore.com is an online service dedicated to harnessing the power of consumer spending to influence positive change in corporate policy and behavior and to influence the adoption of new national and state laws to better protect the environment and human rights.
Our effort includes a three-step process that involves:
- Gathering information on corporate policies and behaviors and on laws as they exist today;
- Providing summaries of that information to consumers; and
- Encouraging consumers to purchase from companies and places whose policies, behaviors and laws line up with their beliefs.
We do all of this in the expectation that if enough consumers “put their wallets where their hearts are”, corporate policies and behaviors and national and state laws will change for the better.
Our mission is to create a consumer led financial incentive for good corporate policies and behaviors and for better state and federal laws.
We’re looking for talented freelance writers to help us write “BEST COMPANIES” and “BEST PRODUCTS” reviews for companies and goods in different consumer service and product categories – helping us with steps 1 and 2 above.
This means gathering information on corporate policies and behaviors and on products and creating summaries of the information and recommendations - all to help socially motivated consumers spend their dollars wisely.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for talented, tenacious researchers and writers who are passionate about one or more of the social issues we currently cover:
- Protection of the Environment
- Women’s Rights
- LGTBQ Rights
- Gun Control
- Protection of freedom of speech, freedom of association, democratic forms of government and corruption free government, and other fundamental human rights
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Professional research and writing experience. You should have some writing samples that illustrate your ability to research and write reviews and provide quality recommendations. We’re looking for writing that’s balanced, intelligent, fun and easy to read.
Quick Study and Basic understanding. You don’t need to be an expert on the companies, products and issues you’ll write about, but do need to show you're a quick study and have a basic understanding of the relevant companies, products and issues.
Reliability and Team Work. You’ll need to reliably meet our requirements and deadlines and team well with others.
Per article and success based incentive.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to [email protected] with “freelance writer application" in the subject line. Your email should include:
- A little about yourself, your previous writing experience, your country of residence, and why you're a good fit for this position.
- At least 2 articles you feel demonstrate your skills and show that you swould be la good fit.
- If you have a type of company/ product you’d be most passionate about writing about, what that is.
- If one or more of the issues we cover are issues you’d be most passionate about writing about, what those issues are.
- Your rate, if you currently have one.
Excited by our mission? Join us now!