We are looking for an experienced content writer to write reviews of infosec and cybersecurity products (VPNs, antiviruses, password managers, etc.).
To be successful in this role, you should have proven experience writing for a web-based audience, as well as knowledge in performance marketing, digital content production, and SEO copywriting.
You'll work one-on-one with our editors in crafting 'best of' lists, product reviews, comparisons, and blog posts. Each article you create will need to adhere to a Style Guide, meet all requisite feedback, and be substantially better than any other post written for that keyword. An interest and expertise in the cybersecurity field is appreciated but not required.
Note: This is not a "quantity over quality" kind of job. We are strict with our content, and our quality guidelines are rigorous. These are technical topics, and you'll be required to do the research necessary to produce expert-level content. Low-quality work is never accepted. If you're looking to write a few quick articles without regard for quality, you will not like working with our editors!
- Write, produce, and revise articles as instructed by editors and the Content Manager.
- Take instructions from a brief and accurately produce high-quality content.
- Provide expert-level information on our topics (cybersecurity niche) via in-depth research and first-hand knowledge.
- Be able to take in and immediately apply feedback to all future work.
- Be able to consistently meet deadlines.
- Suggest edits and revisions for anything outdated or factually inaccurate.
- Apply a personal and brand voice to the overall site.
- Write with clear, precise, intentional, and accurate details; absolutely no fluff or incorrect information is allowed.
- Proven work experience as a content writer, copywriter, content editor, or similar role.
- Portfolio of published articles (preferably in the cybersecurity niche, but all pieces will be reviewed and considered).
- Native-level English writing skills.
- An ability to fact-check, proofread, edit, and rewrite long-form content pieces.
- Familiarity with SEO.
- (Preferred, not required) An understanding of cybersecurity topics -- VPNs, password managers, antivirus software, etc.
We are a well-established content production house with a ton of steady work for the right person. We always pay on time, we are focused on personal and professional growth, and we thrive on producing outstanding content. Again, note that we are not a content mill and we fully expect you to produce A+ pieces every time. If you aren't able to do this, this is not the right job for you.
In your application, please specifically answer the following questions:
- Do you have experience with infosec/cybersecurity products (VPNs, antiviruses, password managers, etc.)?
- Are you looking for part-time work or full-time work? If part-time, how many hours per week can you commit to?
- Are you looking for short-term work or long-term work?
Please send an email to [email protected] with your information, your rate, and whatever else you think will make us take notice.
If selected, you'll be contacted to start our paid trial process. Thanks for reading, and good luck!