WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking to bring on a regular affiliate writer for a fast-growing California travel website. Our affiliate posts are very detailed, ranging from 3,000-5,000 words on average. We're looking for someone who can write 1-2 posts per week, so up to 5,000-10,000 words per week.
For this role, we need a true research rockstar. You must feel confident researching and structuring that research into bite-sized, easily digestible nuggets of information. We don't want you to just regurgitate product descriptions and write a list of features without a meaning behind why they might be important. We want you to put yourself in the shoes of potential buyers and provide insightful commentary, authority, and expert recommendations based on detailed research.
WHAT THE JOB WILL ENTAIL
- Write 1-2 blog posts per week in Google Docs, around 3,000-5000 words each. You'll get a byline for these unless you prefer ghostwriting.
- Each article will be SEO optimized. We provide the keywords and structure of the article, and you'll be in charge of the research and writing, including choosing which products should go into each post. You'll be required to add the additional keywords into each post that we provide. We also use SurferSEO and Grammarly to optimize each post before it's submitted for review.
- Once you submit an article, we'll review it and let you know if there are any edits needed. You'll be expected to fix edits within 48 hours before finalizing the post and getting paid.
These are the types of affiliate posts you might write and research:
- Gift guides (e.g. 50 best gifts for hikers)
- Roundup reviews of multiple products (e.g. 12 best canvas tents)
- Reviews for specific products (x Shoes Review).
Topics range from general travel to outdoor products (think hiking and camping), and lifestyle products like shoes and purses.
- Strong research skills that can translate to expert-level knowledge around any topic.
- Attention to detail [We have a detailed training process and workflow for writers and we're looking for someone who can jump in and thrive in it so attention to detail is very important for this role].
- Engaging writing - we know how boring standard product reviews can be, we don't want that. We want to present products in a fun yet authoritative way that engages the reader and makes them trust your opinion and knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of travel and outdoorsy products is preferred. Ideally, we'd love to hire someone who's a regular traveler and/or goes camping and hiking on the weekends.
- Someone who's good at meeting deadlines and who can write up to 10,000 words per week if needed.
Note: This is a fully remote position and you're welcome to work from anywhere and in any time zone as long as you meet weekly deadlines.
If you're chosen, we'll run a week-long paid trial where you'll write one post after watching a training video and following a specific checklist for the post.
If we choose to move forward after the trial, we'll hop on a call to talk about next steps.
We pay $0.05 per word, paid weekly via Paypal for all posts that have been reviewed and approved before Friday.
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
Please apply by clicking on the link below. I look forward to reviewing your application and bringing someone onto the team soon!