Hello! I'm Alex, the owner of a UK-based website that provides vacuum cleaner reviews to help consumers make informed buying decisions.
We’re looking to hire a high-quality writer (preferably from the UK) who can research and write informative reviews of vacuum cleaners. If you love:
- Really digging into the details of a product to find out how it performs…
- Analysing the pros and cons of a product to see how it compares to alternatives...
- Doing in-depth research to help your content stand-out from the crowd…
- Writing succinct and focused articles that truly help readers...
Then you might be the writer we’re looking for!
Along with writing the articles, this position requires extensive research and outlining. For this reason, you’ll be paid on an hourly rate to ensure you’re fairly compensated for your time.
About The Site
The website was established in 2017 and helps thousands of people each day to find their perfect vacuum cleaner. Our traffic is largely based in the UK, and all of our reviews are focused on UK versions of vacuum cleaners.
We pride ourselves on writing in-depth and informative reviews that are balanced, trustworthy, and properly researched. While there are many excellent vacuums on the market, we’re not afraid to give a model a poor rating if it’s a disappointment!
We’re looking for a writer who is interested in vacuum cleaners and who can deliver one article per week (typically 1500-2500 words.)
Initially, you’ll be writing reviews of specific vacuum cleaners. Your job will be to thoroughly research the vacuum, create a detailed outline, then write a clear and concise review.
Further down the line, you’ll also need to write other types of articles. These could include informational guides, comparison reviews, and product roundups (full article briefs will be provided for each type of article.)
Here are some more details about the position:
- We’re looking to work with a freelancer on a long-term basis.
- You’ll need to research, write, and edit one article per week.
- You’ll be paid hourly for this role, as the articles require extensive research compared with regular web content.
- Detailed article briefs and examples will be provided.
What We’re Looking For
You don’t need to be a vacuum cleaner expert, but you should have a basic understanding of the market, popular brands, and the types of vacuum available.
Research is a big part of this role. On average, you’ll need to do 1-3 hours of research and outlining before writing each review. You’ll then need to submit an outline for approval before writing.
- A solid understanding of the UK vacuum market, including popular brands and types of vacuum.
- Willing to perform extensive research using a variety of sources for each review (including YouTube videos, buyer reviews, product manuals, and more.)
- Willing to submit a detailed outline containing all of your research for approval before writing each article.
Able to write in an engaging and easy-to-read style.
- A native English writer (please do not apply if English isn’t your first language.)
- Able to follow instructions and style guides closely.
Able to submit one article per week.
- Willing to work with an editor on revisions and respond quickly to team communications.
Please Note: This is a ghostwriting position. A byline will not be provided.
- Hourly pay (get paid for your research and outlining time!)
- Regular workload
- Full training provided
- Flexible workload (we respect your schedule)
To apply, please click the link to the application form below. I look forward to hearing from you!