Are you a photography writer who is passionate about all things gear OR post-processing?
If so, this might be the job for you. (For gear writers check out our other ad)
We’re Digital Photography School, one of the most popular photography blogs in the world. And we’re looking for two writers to join our remote writing team
Post-Processing Software Writer
We’re looking for someone to cover post-processing software on our blog. This position is right for you if:
- You love to use, research, and write about the latest photography software, from Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to Luminar, ON1 Photo RAW, and Capture One 21. You don’t need to be familiar with every program on the market, but you must be willing to fill gaps in your knowledge with research.
- You have experience writing about post-processing software.
- You use post-processing programs regularly, and you have a deep understanding of how different photographers use editing software.
- You stay up to date on the latest post-processing programs.
- You’re familiar with (or willing to learn) WordPress.
You’ll need to submit two or more articles per month covering editing programs (the number of articles depends on our content needs). These will primarily be comparisons (e.g., “Lightroom Classic vs Photoshop”) and roundups (e.g., “The Best Noise Reduction Software for Beginners”). Note that you won’t need to pitch ideas; we’ll provide you with the topics.
If this position interests you, please apply through this form:
What We Offer
We’ve talked a lot about what we’re looking for, but what can we offer you?
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider working with us:
- An active readership. At dPS, we have millions of readers - pretty much all of whom are truly passionate and enthusiastic about photography. So by becoming a part of our team, you can educate and engage with passionate photographers.
- Exposure to the photography community. Your articles will be read by photographers across the globe, and you’ll get a byline where you can promote your own photographic projects.
- The opportunity to grow. While writing for dPS, you’ll live and breathe all things photography, and you’ll be working with a great team. You’ll be learning constantly - about photography, about writing, and more.
- Competitive compensation. We believe in paying our writers fairly, and you’ll receive per-article compensation.
We anticipate a huge volume of applications, and we’ll be evaluating on a first-come, first-serve basis. So if any of the above speaks to you, don’t wait - apply now!