Kinsta is looking for a freelance writer to produce 3+ well-researched, in-depth technical articles per month. The content provided needs to be supported with resources, stats, data, real-life examples, and actionable. We aren’t looking for opinion-based content.
Specifically, we’re looking for 3 types of articles:
- How-to articles: How to Fix a 500 Internal Server Error
- Comparisons: Google Cloud vs AWS or MariaDB vs MySQL
- In-depth guides: Top 9 Reasons to Choose Managed WordPress Hosting
The candidate we’re looking for is familiar with:
Cloud hosting, web security, WordPress, MySQL, web development, and website optimization.
Our audience consists primarily of WordPress users, developers, website and ecommerce site managers, and similar.
Provide 3x 2000+ word articles per month based on topics we provide.
Add and format content via the WordPress editor following our style guidelines.
Provide images, code snippets, screenshots, and any required other visuals but the featured image.
What We’re Looking For (Qualifications)
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Experience writing about everything WordPress, web development and cloud hosting.
- Ability to craft in-depth and thorough content. We simply don’t want to tell people what to do and why to do it, we need to tell them how to do it and show it to them.
- SEO experience is a plus.
- Being part of the WordPress community is a nice advantage.
What we offer
We’ll provide content briefs, guidelines, and full editorial support to help writers deliver their best quality work.
On-time, regular payments (usually within a week only).
No hard deadlines
Please include the following:
- A brief description of your background/experience. Any specific areas of expertise (WordPress, SEO, web development, etc).
- Desired rate per article (based on 1000 words).
- Three samples of technical articles already published
- A copy of your resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Your website/blog if you have one.