Purple Elephant's mission is to create and grow online content brands that bridge the information asymmetry online by producing high-quality content across multiple verticals. Since our inception in mid-2020, we have expanded our tech brand to over 1.5 million users a month.
As we look to scale to the next level, we are looking for passionate engineers and other professionals to work as Tech Content Writers to support our mission to become the ultimate knowledge resource in the consumer tech space by producing stellar product reviews and informational articles that will aid the purchase decisions of our readers.
As the Tech Content Writer, you will be in charge of creating quality content for our tech brand in a way that allows us to scale our publishing efforts at a steady pace. The role will primarily involve working with an editor who will assign topics to you that you will research and write on.
As the brand's tech expert, you are expected to be familiar with all consumer tech product categories, from printers to routers to smartphones.
- Follow our detailed SOPs to write content that aligns with the voice and personality of the brand.
- Write 30+ "ready to publish" articles.
- Take the lead on research and exceed the level set by our competition.
- Religiously fact-check to ensure that your writing does not contain any factual inaccuracies.
- Identify gaps in content and bridge them.
- Stay abreast of new product launches and other technological developments in the industry.
About the Person:
- You are a tech product enthusiast who spends considerable time researching your purchase decisions to identify the best products for each use case.
- You are someone who obsesses over newly released products and consumes content surrounding these products.
- You are a strong copywriter with a flair for tech writing that is easy to understand and rich in research. You find it easy to engage the reader with lively pieces that place the reader at its center.
- You are passionate about multiple niches within tech, including entertainment, networking, and home automation.
- You are comfortable working alone in a remote setting while collaborating effectively with other team members.
- You are a self-starter who does not need reminders and finds it natural to communicate updates promptly in a largely unsupervised work environment.
- You are someone who understands the importance of being methodical with systems and processes that we have developed or will develop in the future.
- Work from anywhere in the world.
- Fun work atmosphere working with a team obsessed with creating content that resonates with our audience.
- Get to be a part of an early-stage tech startup that will rely on your experience to make crucial decisions.
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a test article topic.
- If the test article quality meets the required level, the candidate will be recruited into the team for a trial period of 2 weeks (fully paid).
- If the performance is satisfactory in the first two weeks, then a job offer will be made.
Note: Do not apply if you are not technically qualified as we are not looking for a generalist content writer.