State of Digital Publishing (SODP) is looking for an experienced sub-editor that is well-versed in B2B content editing. Working remotely, you'll be responsible for delivering expert-level B2B articles on assigned topics within the digital media space.
SODP is a start-up market research publisher that is focused on building a community for digital media publishing professionals as well as content and media owners.
As a sub-editor, you will be expected to work closely with the Managing Editor to edit, proofread, and — at times — rewrite content for SODP and its clients. You will also have the opportunity to develop and expand your portfolio, taking the lead on new writing projects as assigned by the Managing Editor.
Flexible work schedules, a relaxed culture, as well as training and development time (with rewards) make SODP a fun place to work. We are based in Sydney, Australia, and are lucky to be supported by team members from around the globe.
• Edit/rewrite existing content in line with SODP’s standards
• Curate in-house and client style guides
• Proofread articles, process documents, and other in-house copy/content
• Perform and deliver under tight deadlines
• Liaise with Managing Editor to identify and troubleshoot content roadblocks
• Stay on trend with new insights for techniques to share and enhance best practices.
EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES:
• Excellent editing skills
• Native/fluent in the English language
• Minimum one year of proven B2B writing/sub-editing experience — must be comfortable covering tech, media publishing, SaaS, and digital marketing industries
• Ability to prioritize, multitask, and work with minimal supervision in a collaborative and positive team environment
• A self-starter and an eager, continuous learner
• Good understanding of organic search and search engine marketing
• Some experience with SEO writing tools would be an advantage.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US:
• Professional growth — we believe in helping each member of our team grow personally and professionally, and we promote from within
• 1-on-1 mentorship, along with team workshops
• Small team environment that gives you the ability to stand out and make a big impact
• Competitive benefits and compensation package
• Flexible work schedule
SODP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.