We’re going after the B2B space in SEO. It’s an enormous opportunity and wide open for the taking.
Like any SEO play, our success depends on the quality of content on our sites. Content could not be more central to the business.
We’re looking for our first Staff Writer to help us build out this content program. Your content will form the backbone of several of the top B2B domains. Millions of visitors will see your content every month.
- Writing new posts that target SEO keywords.
- Updating old posts to improve quality and keep them fresh for Google.
- Optimizing content for click-through rates and revenue.
- Giving feedback and recommendations on how to improve writing processes.
How to Tell If You’ll be a Great Fit
- This role will focus exclusively on B2B content like software buying decisions, how to create websites, marketing topics, etc. You should be excited by writing exclusively in this area.
- You embrace the writing grind. There is an endless queue of new posts and updates that we need to ship.
- You won’t dread writing about the same topic extensively. It’s critical that our sites focus on specific topics that generate revenue. That means writing about those topics exhaustively. Even after doing your 100th post update on creating an ecommerce site, you should still be able to get excited about ways to improve that content.
- Can always find an interesting angle, no matter how boring a topic. Even for topics like “office water services,” you believe there’s something important that needs to be said.
- You know how to balance revenue and engagement. Yes, we want content that delights the reader. But we also need to maximize revenue while making Google happy. Finding the perfect balance between SEO rankings, reader engagement, and revenue should excite you.
- You follow the data. While writing is highly subjective, you’re always willing to put ideas to the test, see how it impacts our traffic and revenue, then iterate as needed. When data shows that a particular direction isn’t working, you gladly toss it aside in order to try something else.
This a fully remote role that requires you to be a full time employee of Stone Press. There is a base salary that can range from $60k-$80k depending on experience and skill level, along with a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also provide an initial stipend for equipment needs along with an ongoing monthly stipend to help you thrive in the remote work life.
How to Apply
Please submit the following information, along with your resume and cover letter (if including one) to: [email protected]
- LinkedIn Profile URL
- Tell us a bit about what you’re looking for in your next role!
- What is it about this role that drove you to apply? Why do you think it would be a good fit for you?
- What hesitations do you have regarding this role or our company?
- Provide 2-3 writing samples. You can link to published work, Google Docs, Dropbox or other. Non-published work is also accepted.
- Would you be comfortable completing a paid trial project that would require you to invest 2-3 evenings of your time?