My name is David and I founded a tech website called VPNOverview.com. We write about VPN software, but also about password managers, antivirus, online privacy, cybersecurity, geopolitics, streaming, downloading, and online freedom in a broader sense. We’re active in 10 languages, so we’re striving for quite an international reach.
What are we looking for?
Currently, we are looking for an English speaking sports writer/journalist. It’s a remote freelance writing job, but if there is a good fit, I would like to work with you long-term; there’s plenty to write about!
Ideally, you are available between 24 and 40 hours per week. I’m looking for a writer that meets the following criteria:
- Experienced technical writer and sports enthusiast with native or near-native written English proficiency level.
- An investigative approach and impeccable writing skills.
- Familiar with working in WordPress.
- Some basic knowledge of SEO (e.g., able to do keyword research, work with tools like SurferSEO, AHrefs etc.).
- Not afraid of applying (or learning about) some really basic HTML.
- Able to work autonomously.
- A hard worker with a drive to excel and be the best.
- Someone who can handle deadlines and does not fear a challenging workload.
- Writing news articles on upcoming tournaments, matches, and competitions for various sports (including soccer, baseball, basketball, rugby, Lacrosse, UFC, formula 1, motoGP, K1, boxing, the olympics etc. Basically all significant sports events). Your job will be to provide our readers with insights regarding the upcoming event (big names, schedule, expectations of who will win etc), and inform our readers from all over the world where and how they can watch the event online. In some cases you will be explaining our readers the opportunities of unblocking certain sports streams in their country by using a specific VPN.
- Keeping our evergreen sports articles up to date.
- Keep track of international sports calendars for various sports so you know what important events are coming and you can cover these events on time.
What you can expect from us?
I don’t believe in paying per word, because word count oftentimes does not reflect the complexity and effort that goes into an article. I’m looking for someone who likes to work hard and wants to excel and build an awesome site with us.
Remuneration indication: minimum of 1,800 USD per month based on a full-time engagement, but depending on your profile (e.g. experience, skillset, productivity, and English proficiency level) it can eventually become much higher (3,000+ USD). I'm open to discussing the options.
We have a small team in The Netherlands, and also some team members spread across the world. In case of a fruitful collaboration, we can also explore other contract forms.
How to apply
You can apply via ProBlogger. We need the following info from you when you apply:
- A short cover letter on why you would like to work with us and on why you are the right person for the job
- Writing examples/portfolio
- Your resume and contact info
Looking forward to hearing from you!