We are looking for a writer who can create original, high-quality software reviews and comparisons for products relevant to solopreneurs and small businesses seeking to monetize their expertise. The types of software to be covered include, but are not limited to:
- online course platforms (e.g. Thinkific, LearnWorlds)
- course creation software (e.g. Articulate, iSpring)
- video and audio editing tools (e.g. Camtasia, Screenflow)
- membership site software (e.g. MemberPress, Mighty Networks)
- community/discussion platforms (e.g. Circle, Tribe)
live streaming and webinar software (e.g Restream, Be.Live)
- marketing tools (e.g ConvertKit, LeadPages, OptinMonster)
- software that complements/enhances any of the above
The reviews/comparisons should:
- Focus on capabilities and features highly relevant to our audience (see below)
- Written in a detailed, but easy-to-understand way for a relatively non-technical audience.
- Include explanatory screenshots and other relevant images.
The audience for these posts is primarily solo entrepreneurs and very small businesses who typically identify as consultants, coaches, authors, speakers, and trainers. They are seeking to expand the ways in which they can offer and monetize their expertise by taking advantage of software platforms and online business models that help them scale and systemize their businesses and facilitate learning within the audiences they serve.
Length/Volume of Work
While it will depend on the specific review to be written, our expectation is that posts will be a minimum of 1500 words, and longer ones may be as long as 3-4000 words.
Our aim is to publish at least two articles per week in 2023. Some of these will be written by other writers, but a successful candidate for this position could expect to have continuing work throughout the year and most likely beyond.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience with writing the type of reviews specified here, including providing examples of similar reviews written in the past.
A successful candidate will be familiar with Google’s guidelines for writing high-quality reviews and will be prepared to adhere to these guidelines to the greatest extent possible.
Additionally, while a successful candidate does not need to be an expert in search engine optimization (SEO), preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate an understanding of SEO and an ability to write posts that take into account essential, up-to-date SEO practices.
Finally, while experience is important, we are most interested in writers who show good intuition about how to present information to our audience in an effective and useful way.
When applying, please provide links to at least three examples of work similar to what is described here. Additionally, please indicate your standard rates.
We will follow up to schedule an interview with candidates whose writing samples indicate that they are a good match for the position.
Please note that we do not provide a byline or backlinks to writers. All articles are attributed either to staff or to the site host.