I own an independent digital publication for sewing/needlework enthusiasts who are very passionate about their hobby. Our goal is that readers walk away having learned actionable tips, techniques and answers to questions they’re looking for.
I’m looking to hire 1 (possibly 2) long term freelance writers to research and write informational articles that cover all different aspects of sewing/needlework. The person that is hired will be able to deliver 5 articles per week.
I need your help increasing the amount of sewing related content being published each week as more and more enthusiasts are picking up the hobby and are on the search for quality information. Right now, 5 articles per week is what we’re looking for.
Types of Articles and Length:
I’m not overly concerned about article length. What’s most important is that the topic is covered fully with no fluff. Most articles will be around 1000-2000 words. Below is the bulk of what we do:
- Informational/ Q & A (ex. How Long Does Hemming Tape Last? And Is It Permanent?) - 1000-1500 +/- words.
- Listicles/Project Ideas (ex. 25 Things You Can Make With Only 2 Yards of Fabric) - 1,000 to 2,000 words +/-.
- How To/ Step-By-Step Guides (ex. How To Tie a Knot In Thread For Hand Sewing) 1500-2000 +/-
Most Of The Work Will Entail:
Writing new informational (Q & A), listicles and how to articles. Many of these will be easy for writers with sewing experience, while some articles will require in-depth research and serious internet sleuthing in order to find good information.
You don’t have to be an expert or professional seamstress to apply. But you must have extensive knowledge, experience and most importantly, a love for sewing.
- Must enjoy writing and be very good at it!
- Interest and experience in sewing/needlework.
- Writing an interesting and exciting article about a bobbin can be challenging. We require all articles to be engaging, detailed, helpful, personable and even humorous sometimes, unlike this job posting :) All in all, they must entertain as well as inform!
- Access to your own computer and internet connection. (Working from a cell phone does not count)
- Google Docs, Paypal and email
- You must have (or be willing to open) a Paypal account for invoicing.
- Familiarity with WordPress a huge plus
- Preference given to those who can provide unique photos with their articles
- Native English (or equivalent). Proper grammar and spelling is mandatory.
- Ability to research and dig deep to find tips and techniques that might not be common knowledge.
Work from anywhere!
5 articles per week. The first batch may take a bit longer as you get up to speed.
You will be paid every 2 weeks within 48 hours of submitting to us your invoice via Paypal.
If the arrangement ends up long term, we can discuss up-front partial payments in bulk.
This is a freelancer position.
Delivery of Articles:
I will provide you a Google spreadsheet with all of the articles that need to be worked on. You will link to the completed articles on the provided spreadsheet on a weekly basis.
This position starts immediately
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the application via Google Forms here or via the link below: https://forms.gle/Dq9HfY5iDuhFKif27
PLEASE NOTE: In the last question on the application you will be given an opportunity to stand out from the rest of the applicants. Take advantage of that space to demonstrate your own personal writing style and personality. If it's boilerplate and boring, I probably won't reply. Use this opportunity to show me what you've got!