As a Senior Content Strategist at Brad’s Deals, you’ll be both gatekeeper and keymaster for our consumer-facing lifestyle and personal finance blog, More for Less, helping us to conceptualize, create, and promote high quality and authoritative content. In this role on our Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of content creation including brainstorming, scheduling, editing, and optimizing articles, supporting cross-departmental campaigns, and finding new ways to leverage the blog to grow both our audience and our revenue.
- Develop overall marketing campaign content strategy.
- Schedule, assign, and manage the blog editorial calendar.
- Grow blog-generated revenue via content strategy implementation.
- Edit blog posts for grammar, flow, and brand voice.
- Coordinate editorial calendar with other internal teams including but not limited to email, paid marketing, social media, and public relations.
- Analysis of content performance including site analytics, revenue, and media impact.
- Monitor the competitive landscape for technical and content trends.
- Create SEO-driven, well-optimized, compelling, and honest headlines.
- Contribute to PR efforts, pitching stories to journalists and occasionally serving as a spokesperson in media interviews.
- Research online shopper and consumers’ behavior and needs, and quickly apply Brad’s Deals brand image, value proposition and voice of customers into marketing communications/collaterals.
- Write well-researched, optimized blog content.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of content marketing experience, including 2+ year managing and editing an online publication.
- BA in Journalism, Communications, English, or related discipline.
- Strong and fast writing and editing skills.High level of comfort with AP style and basic HTML.
- Familiarity with A/B headline testing.
- Prior experience in journalism and/or PR.
- Strong background in personal finance, travel, or related subject matter.
- Solid grasp of content optimization for SEO.
- Prior experience with affiliate marketing is strongly desired.
Application Requirement:Please submit a portfolio of 3-5 published articles with your byline. We strongly suggest choosing articles that are well aligned with Brad’s Deals’ published content.About Us