Make Tech Easier (MTE) is expanding its writing team. We cover tutorials around common technology platforms, including Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, and Windows.
We're looking for freelance writers obsessed with tech, who have tons of computer tips and tricks up their sleeve, and are you eager to share what they know. If that sounds like you, we're looking forward to hearing from you!
Must-have skills and experience:
- Expertise in at least one of the following platforms: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Experience with WordPress and writing/blogging online
- Fluent English writing
When you write for us, you'll...
- Use Slack to communicate with us in a timely manner (initial communication will be via email)
- Hit the ground running with pitches and continuously generate your own article ideas
- Submit two to three articles per week and meet publication deadlines
- Take your own screenshots, source images, and format them
- Explain difficult concepts in simple terms
This is a remote / work-from-home opportunity, so you can be based anywhere in the world. If you pass our probation period, we'll want to work with you on a long-term basis.
Pay is around 7+ cents per word. Note that MTE pays per article, not per word. Specific rates will be made available to potential candidates before they submit their first article.
We can only respond to qualifying candidates, but don't hesitate to message us with questions or comments. Thank you!
To apply, submit the application form at