Are you a writer with experience in personal finance?
We're looking for content writers with experience in personal-finance topics to write articles for Get Rich Slowly (United States) and MapleMoney (Canada). We prefer engaging, long-form content that's optimized for both the reader and search.
The Get Rich Slowly brand is built on personal stories. We encourage the use of the word "I", not forbid it. And our core message is: You are the boss of you. You should manage your household finances as if you were the CFO of a small business. We aim to focus on the "personal" in personal finance.
The approach at MapleMoney is different from GRS. We take a more traditional editorial style where the material is fact-based, not opinion-based. We showcase expertise with in-depth articles and reviews that ultimately help the reader answer a question or solve a problem.
Ideally, you'll have expertise in a specific niche within personal finance, possibly investing, credit cards, taxes, etc.
Writers should be comfortable using Google Drive and Asana.
- Target about 1,000 - 2,000 words per post
- Write in a conversational tone with actionable information. Relevant anecdotes are encouraged but no fluff.
- Aim for short paragraphs (around 5-6 lines).
- Use sub-headings that help readers who skim.
- Wrap up each post with a conclusion.
- Include relevant links in each article. (At least three internal links per 1,000 words.)
- Include outbound links to any mentioned company, article, or survey. Err on the side of more links, not fewer.
We'll be hiring writers to focus on their specific niche of expertise, assigning one article per week.
Tasks will include targeting a keyword and related keywords as well as including links to internal and external sources. Headlines, title tags and descriptions may be needed as well. The goal is to write the most complete post on a topic, including reviewing other top articles to ensure we have the best article.
Submit your bio telling us about you, where you've written (including your own site), and the niches where you feel strongest and have the most to offer readers. Also include your typical rates and links to three writing samples that show your expertise and how well they can match the style of the site you're applying for.