Heliconia requires an experienced, outdoors-loving writer for long-term, consistent blog writing work about kayaking.
About the Work
The blog articles to be written support YouTube content from Ken Whiting's PaddleTV YouTube channel:
Ken Whiting is a World Champion kayaker, TV show host, and one of the most recognized kayakers in the world. His rapidly growing YouTube channel revolves around kayaking gear reviews, kayaking how-to/instruction, and kayaking adventures. Heliconia is looking for a writer who can craft blog articles to support Ken's YouTube content. This will involve writing two (2) x 750-1500 word blog articles every week, throughout the year.
The job involves using Ken's video transcripts along with your own research to craft articles that effectively deliver Ken’s information in a relaxed, fun, and when possible, humorous way.
Samples of the types of articles to be written can be seen here: https://www.paddle-tales.com/blog
- Heliconia is looking for a talented and enthusiastic writer who can do research for articles when required, and can handle critical feedback and adjust accordingly.
- While some kayaking experience is an asset, a high level of kayaking expertise is NOT required for this writing position. Enthusiasm and a passion for the outdoors and writing is far more important than kayaking experience.
- Native English-speaking writer
- Flexible deadlines
- Consistent work with a great team
- Opportunity for additional work
$.06/word starting, with the opportunity for raises.
While this is a ghostwriting opportunity, you’re eligible to be recognized as a co-author after a few months writing for us.
How to apply
Click on the link below to fill out our application.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll ask you to complete a paid trial assignment. Once the trial is complete, we’ll make a decision. If we decide to work together, the articles will start flowing right away.
Thanks for your interest!