Do you love the game of golf and enjoy writing?
We are looking to hire freelance writers who can contribute to our golf website.
Our site’s vision is to be the most comprehensive online resource for beginner and intermediate golfers by providing education, techniques, and guides on the best golf products available on the market.
- You must have experience with golf. We need to have confidence that what you write will be accurate, and have the depth of experience to make your articles interesting.
- All posts must be well-researched and useful for your reader
- You will need to follow our editorial guidelines. We will provide content briefs for each assigned article. As you grow with us, you’ll have the opportunity to take on more ownership.
- We expect you to learn quickly and produce posts that require very little editing
- You don’t have to be a professional writer, but we do need people who can use correct English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Rates are negotiable based on your experience. Please provide your rate in your application. Most articles are about 2,000 words but can range anywhere from 1,000 to 3,500 words in length. Article lengths are assigned based on the topic, so you’ll know up-front how much you’ll be paid for your efforts.
Articles will be “ghostwritten”, with no attribution.
All writers will be expected to produce 2-4 articles per month. It is critical that you not miss a deadline, ever. Writers who miss a deadline will be let go. For most freelance writers, 2-4 articles per month is perfect so they have plenty of time to work on it without being overwhelmed, but writers can almost always pick up additional articles to write if you’d like more work.
OWNERSHIP & LEGAL
- You understand and agree that all photos, videos, written content, and all other media submitted to our site become the exclusive property of our business, and you do not have the right to republish that content on your own site.
- Articles that do not pass Copyscape will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if you’re not a native speaker of American English.
READY TO APPLY? Submit a cover letter & proposal with the following:
1. Please provide your rate per 1,000 words
2. Where do you live? Where are you originally from?
3. What’s your experience with golf?
4. What kind of writing experience do you have?
5. Do you have any experience with WordPress? Describe that, please.
6. Tell me about you as a person. Day job, family, other interests, education, etc.
7. How many articles can you take on per month, assuming 2,000 words per article, including thorough research? (A range is fine)
8. Please provide a writing sample.
(Optional) - Please answer the following question in 50-70 words. “Why do dogs bark?”
If your application is selected, you will receive 1 paid test article to complete within 5 days.