SavvyNurse is seeking writers and editors to create fun and informative content on nursing school, nursing careers, and healthcare administration. (Our sister site is also seeking writers to create content on MBAs and business school, so experts in either field are welcome to apply!)
This is a long term position with steady work of 3+ articles a week. Ideal candidates will have experience in nursing or related fields, or extensive experience writing about these topics. Above all you must be a good researcher and be able to write informative content with a flair that keeps readers entertained.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Write blog-friendly content that is skimmable - 95% of your readers will come from google and want a quick answer. Keep paragraphs 4 lines or less and have visual formatting broken up by subheadings, bullets, italics, or bold text.
- Create content that is fun to read - your content must be interesting and exciting to read. Use anecdotes, personality, charisma, and a sense of humour to keep people reading. No fluff or drab content will be accepted.
- Research the topic and provide the best answer possible - Research the provided keywords and understand the intent of users' search queries. Google your provided keyword and study the top 5 results to make sure your article is better than theirs in every way.
- Create article outlines - Follow our process to create an article outline for the provided keyword.
- Create at least three 2000 word articles per week
Examples of the content style and quality we need you to write:
- Roundup reviews of popular nursing programs online - https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/degrees/nursing-programs/
- How to posts - https://www.allnursingschools.com/how-to-become-a-nurse/
- List posts - https://nurse.org/articles/nursing-school-study-tips-and-tools/
- Question and “What is X” posts - https://www.bestcollegereviews.org/faq/what-is-the-difference-between-an-rn-and-a-bsn/
- Relevant niche experience or topic knowledge
- High attention to detail, self-starter, ability to learn fast, ability to follow documentation and suggest improvements to existing editorial processes.
- Experience writing SEO content, product reviews, and product comparisons.
- Experience with SurferSEO, ahrefs, or other on-page SEO optimization tools.
- 8000+ words per week
- High pay for qualified writers
- Long term career opportunities for advancement to editor, manager, and EIC positions.
- Choose your hours and work remotely
- Collaborate with a team of writers and editors to improve content quality and come up with your own ideas for new content