Your role in a nutshell:
You will directly manage a team of 3-5 editors and work with the General Manager of the Finance Division to manage all editorial operations. The Managing Editor, Finance Division will also work closely with the Vice President of Content to set and coordinate editorial standards and policy, and manage workflow from assignment to publication.
This position includes:
- You will cover a wide range of topics, from business financing and accounting to real estate investing and insurance.
- You will be apart of a growing team.
- You will play a strong role in recruitment and building our Finance division into a best in class editorial operation.
- Maintain editorial standards and best practices among the division editors and writers.
- Work with General Manager, Editors, SEO Manager, and Business Development Manager to plan out article runways for all writers.
- Play a central role in hiring new writers to build out the Finance division.
- Hire and assign freelance writers, and manage their editing.
- As the Managing Editor, Finance Division, you will be have a direct role in making sure that our mission of delivering the best answers to people’s questions is achieved in our finance content.
Our mission:To deliver the best answers to people's questions.
Recently named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than 3 million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 150+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
- To be a successful Managing Editor you will have a strong background as editors with extensive experience managing teams of editors and writers.
- You have a passion for identifying and nurturing talent within your editorial team.
- You have a proven track record of being able to balance both individual and team workflows and processes.
- At least 5 years of experience managing teams of writers and editors.
- Familiarity with creating SEO driven, evergreen content.
- Experience recruiting and hiring editorial staff.
- Familiarity and comfort with affiliate marketing and performance marketing.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
- You have a strong work ethic.
Tools We Use:
WordPress, Insightly, G Suite, Slack, Trello, Guru
*It's ok if you have not used these, just be excited to learn them.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Quality health insurance subsidized by FSB
- 401K plan with matching (no waiting period)
- Short term and long term disability (paid by FSB)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to grow
- A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues