I’m looking for a freelance writer to contribute about 3-5 articles per month to a new website focused on Shoes. We’ll cover shoe facts & information (history, shoe types), fashion recommendations (best shoes to wear with ___), how-to articles (how to clean, lace, care, etc.) and commerce articles offering best shoe recommendations for women, men, and kids.
The successful candidate will produce detailed, informative, SEO-friendly content following a structured approach, working collaboratively with the website owner to develop and refine repeatable formats that rank competitively in search.
Many articles will require research to gather factual information on things like shoe history or precise definitions and examples of styles. Fashion and product recommendations will require the writer to assert tasteful, well-considered opinions on trends, styles, and functional requirements that resonate with readers.
- Must love shoes!
- Experienced writer, with bylines in established publications and in relevant categories (please only apply if you can share links to live samples of your work).
- A willingness to do thorough research to provide comprehensive, accurate information and compelling recommendations.
- Highest professional integrity. Absolutely zero tolerance for plagiarism or anything close to it.
- Native English speaker based in the U.S.
- Previous experience with commerce and/or affiliate content writing
- Experience with SEO and willingness to adopt an SEO-first mindset and process
- Experience with WordPress, including the ability to upload images and add meta data
- Ability to take photographs when applicable (smartphone photos okay). Not looking for professional photography here, but being able to occasionally snap an informal photo to embed in an article can make the content much more engaging.
Click the link below to fill out the Google form. Applications submitted in any other way will not be considered (please don’t attempt to contact via email or social media). In the Google form section labeled, “Please tell me a little about yourself...” please explicitly state that you have read and meet all requirements listed in the job posting, in addition to any other info you’d like to include.