We are looking for a freelance writer (or two) who can deliver high-quality content within strict deadlines.
This is mainly for a geek website site. Anyone with a passion or has experience of researching and writing about different fandoms will be welcome.
What types of content will you produce?
Info content: this comes in various forms such as ‘product content’, reviewing superhero merchandise, film / movie guides and reviews, comicbook reviews, listicles on various fandom topics...
Review and best of product guides: these are product review and round-up posts.
What we expect from our writers:
Research skills: The ability to research for the articles and topics.
Storytellers: ability to write compelling copy that educates visitors about different products and encourages them to click through and buy.
Passion for superheroes and science fiction:
Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are basic requirements.
What do we do?
We are a growing content-first business that owns a small portfolio of websites in eCommerce and news.
Who we are looking for:
Some writing experience is preferred but the ability to learn fast is mandatory.
- A capacity to write between 10-30k words a month.
- A basic understanding of SEO would be a bonus.
- A native English speaker preferred.
- Someone with thorough attention to detail.
- Someone who can communicate and work with others.
- You must be able to meet deadlines.
- Happy to train someone junior (if the right person comes along), but the rate would need to be lower.
What are we expecting from our writers:
- Articles must be concise and have the user in mind.
- The ability to capture a brief. We will give a thorough brief with specific instructions. We expect you to meet the requirements from this and provide content that meets these expectations.
- We take plagiarism very seriously and want only 100% unique content that is well-formatted in Google Docs.
- Each article has to be thorough with clear references.
- You should have a good grasp of how to research topics to deliver the best content possible.
- Meet deadlines - we need people who can deliver things on time.
What we are not looking for:
- A post that is was written only for SEO purposes.
- No agencies, please.
- Writers who can’t take feedback and take forever to finish a piece of content.
- We are not after vague listicles and other types of low-quality content.
- Anyone who hasn't read this ad.
You will need to fill the following form to apply for this role:
Over the years we’ve had mixed results when it comes to hiring writers. Based on this, we prefer to start any relationship with an initial trial article. If this trial is passed, we will start at $0.03 a word. If you are less experienced the rate will be initially $0.02 but will move quickly move up to $0.03 once you are 100% ready.
We will know your level after an initial probation period and will consider increasing the rate if the quality of the articles meets the standard of our requirements. We prefer this approach because it’s more organic and helps build a long-term relationship.
Benefits of working with us:
- Regular work (minimum 10k+ words a month).
- You will be rewarded for your work.
- Work on topics that interest you.
- We are fairly flexible.
- Bonuses for awesome work!