We’re looking for a writer who is passionate about BBQ-ing and smoking to join our content team here at Z Grills Australia. Whether you’re a hobbyist or consider yourself a pro on the topic, we want you to write for us.
You’ll be contributing articles to our website to help our readers learn more about the world of BBQ-ing. These articles will include product reviews, buying guides, informational content, and how-tos.
The position will start with 2-3 articles per week with room to grow beyond this if you can consistently deliver high-quality work. Each post will be around 1200-3500 words long.
What you’ll write about
You’ll be assigned topics and provided with a detailed brief to follow so you can focus on writing the most informative post while letting your personality shine through.
We do make sure that every post we publish goes through our strict editorial process to ensure everything is accurate and the tone is right.
It's quite likely that in the first couple of weeks there will be a lot of feedback and editing required, but generally, once you get into the swing of things, that part should be minimal.
- We pay $35 per thousand words or $0.035 per word. The rates are negotiable depending on skills and past work.
- Articles are to be submitted via Google Docs.
What you can expect
- One of the worst things about writing jobs is that you always have to hustle to get new clients. This won't be the case with us as we will have an extensive list of topics queued up.
- Flexible deadlines.
Here’s what we expect from you
- Must have at least 2+ years of writing experience.
- Must have BBQ-related writing samples (this can also be on other smoking-related topics).
- Capacity to write 2-3 articles per week (ranging from 1200-3500 words).
- Must be able to openly accept criticism.