Do you love camping? Do you have a knack for writing engaging content on seemingly technical topics?
If the answer is yes, then read on.
My name is Emma, and I run Tent Camping Trips, a camping blog. I founded this website because of my passion for the outdoors and nature. I hope to inspire more people to get out by making the process easier for them :)
We have so many ideas in the pipeline now that we need to hire more writers. Not only would you make money from your passion, but you will also be part of an exciting and growing project.
You will receive consistent feedback to improve as a professional writer and create genuinely helpful resources.
- A passion for camping and outdoor adventures
- You don’t need to be an expert, but you should know enough about tent (not RV) camping to:
- Offer very practical tips to our readers
- Come up with anecdotes to prove your point
- Develop your own opinion about a product beyond the product descriptions
- Do original research very quickly with your knowledge base
- Native English speakers
- Experience with SEO/web content is preferred but not required: you will be asked to provide samples of past work but we will provide plenty of training
- Adaptable and open to feedback
More about this job:
- Commitment: at least 10,000 words, or 10 - 20 hours, per month; If you can do more, that’s even better! Please let us know your capacity.
- This will be a ghostwriting position unless you are an expert in this field (e.g., a professional outdoorsman, have written for notable publications, been interviewed for your adventures, or have done something most would consider extreme)
- We plan to cover various topics on camping and adventure travel, but we will focus on tent product reviews for the next 2 - 3 months.
- We take a collaborative approach to our work -- we will give you plenty of research guidelines/training/templates and won’t ever leave you confused
- You will be fired at the first instance of plagiarism. No questions asked. How could I trust your future work?
- 3 cents per word for any writing with original research; this will be the majority of your work
- 2 cents per word for any writing where all the research is already done (mainly for product testing). You would only be in charge of packaging the information. This should make up less than 20% of your writing for this website.
- Add 0.5 cent to the rates above for formatting and publishing directly in WordPress
- Consistent workload per week
- Work from home/anywhere
- Training on writing content for the web/SEO
- Regular feedback to help improve your writing skills
- Timely payments
- You get to talk about camping and the outdoors!
- Apply here and fill out the application form
- Potentially a short interview if your application gets selected
- Complete a paid writing test
- Sit back and relax!