Do you love writing crisp and engaging blog posts?
Do you want to work with a team with deep experience in content creation and English education?
Do you want to be part of an exciting new project, within the security of an established, 10 year old company?
Then we have the perfect job for you.
This job might be for you if you:
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home.
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work.
- like working collaboratively.
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment.
- are looking for a deeper collaboration with a single company.
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are just looking for another client to add to your roster.
- don't have experience or interest in education.
- are not looking for a long-term collaboration.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a website, iOS app (usually in the top 100 grossing iOS education apps), and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get 5 million+ visitors per month on our blogs, and we’re leveraging that to launch a new platform for learning English called Creativa. It is made by a team of video producers, editors, scriptwriters, actors, animators, ESL experts, and content marketers (this is where you come in).
This is a unique opportunity to have a big impact on Creativa, which is in the early stages.
As our first writer, you would work closely our English expert and the founder of FluentU to write amazing blog posts for learning (and possibly teaching) English. The role could potentially expand into other areas (eg. writing emails based on the blog posts).
This is not a ghostwriting position and you would get full credit for your work (credit would be shared with our English expert).
In many cases you wouldn't be writing from scratch, so pay is hourly for this position.
You can take a look at our existing FluentU blog posts to get a sense of the style of the content that we would ask you to write:
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication.
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- has significant experience (1 year +) with writing blog posts.
- has significant (1 year+) firsthand experience learning or teaching languages.
- is a fast learner who is eager to learn new things.
- is humble and willing to get their hands dirty.
- is terrific at written communication.
- is able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (pay is hourly) on a consistent basis. These hours are guaranteed.
- Payment is done via PayPal.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the form at this link: