Hey. We’re the HOTH.
No, it’s not a Star Wars reference but points for noticing. It stands for Hittem’ Over the Head – in other words, to bludgeon with awesomeness.
It can be used as a noun (as in our product, or brand), or as a verb (to HOTH someone or HOTH something). And it’s how our clients refer to one of the world’s top SEM companies.
We run an awesome blog product, and we’re looking for freelance writers who want to gain real-world experience writing content for our clients across all sorts of industries.
Our Freelance Content Writers construct articles around a variety of given topics. One of the biggest benefits of this position is the ability to do this creating from anywhere, anytime. Another big benefit? We work with all kinds of customer niches! From travel agents and online paint retailers to skincare professionals and snack foods, there is a wide variety of writing to be done!
This is a great place to work, and you’ll also get the benefit of working with great freelance team members and awesome in-house staff. We offer bonus opportunities, incentives, and we LOVE to promote from within. We have an awesome retention rate, and people truly love working with us.
Please note that this is a freelance, 1099 position and while it does not qualify for our formal in-office perks and benefits, it comes with incredible flexibility and an awesome culture.
Are you business savvy? Do you have a knack for researching niche topics? Do you live and breathe writing and content marketing?
If so, we’d like to chat with you!
- This is a remote freelance position, so you choose where and when you work!
- You will have a quota of creating 5 assignments per week, but you can complete as many available assignments as you would like.
Why We’re Awesome to Work With:
- You’ll fill your portfolio with a variety of professional writing samples
- We have high-quality standards, which means awesome training – you’ll learn a ton
- Work from wherever you want (as long as we can reach you)
- There is PLENTY of work to go around, and no cap on what you can write
- No need to hustle for clients, chase payments, or pitch with no promise of pay
- A variety of interesting topics are always available
- We recognize talent and promote from within
- Kickass bonuses and incentives
Quick, consistent pay
500 words = $16.00
1000 words = $29.00
1500 words = $43.00
2000 words = $55.00
3000 word article = $90.00
4000 word article = $120.00
5000 word article = $150.00
Why We Want to Work With You:
- You have excellent English language abilities as well as an innate understanding of US writing conventions.
- You have experience working under tight deadlines.
- You can grasp complex concepts and make them understandable.
- You have excellent grammar and writing skills.
- You understand that great content marketing is informative, conversational, and fun.
- You have a sense of humor.
What Our Writers Have to Say About Working at the HOTH:
“Writing for the HOTH allows me the daily flexibility I need, while also offering me the unlimited potential for success. I can write when I want and where I want, and I’ve learned SO much along the way. I’ve sharpened my writing skills, improved my critical thinking, and strengthened my researching abilities. Oh, and the team is awesome to work with, always providing guidance, encouragement, and motivation when I need it the most!”
“Writing for the HOTH has been a pure pleasure so far. I’m learning so much about a variety of topics, having fun, and earning at the same time. The quality control team is friendly and helpful, as is the content manager. As a freelancer, it’s great to know there’s plenty of work to be done and that I will enjoy it, and get paid."
"The HOTH consistently pays every week– and, as someone who has had to chase down overdue payments in the past, that goes a long way! I love everything about writing for the HOTH and look forward to a long-term relationship with the company.”
Interested? Submit your application now with at least one writing sample.
Those who do not include a sample will not be considered.
*The HOTH does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.