Thank you everyone,
We are no longer accepting applications for this position due to an overwhelming response. We thank you all for the time taken in applying and reading about the position!
Future opportunities will open up and we'd love to hear from you then.
Are you passionate about crafting exceptional content? Do you love growing your own vegetables, homesteading, self-sufficiency, farm animals, DIY projects, or just love being outdoors?
Outdoor Happens is looking for a dedicated, resourceful, motivated content updater. You'll join us on a part-time basis and it will be your responsibility to look after all our currently-published posts.
You'll add beautiful photos and graphics, check facts, add interesting information, and check affiliate links.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Optimism and enthusiasm - we're a passionate bunch and if you're not, you won't fit.
- Team player. Help others and they'll help you.
- Dedication. We're a small team, kinda like a family, and although you don't need to dedicate your life to us, we do ask that you're dedicated to crafting great content.
- A little crazy. If you're a bit weird, that's OK. We've seen enough boring blog posts to last us a lifetime.
- Ownership and pride. We want you to take this job and run with it. Run like Usain Bolt, my friend.
- Native English only. You can do this job from anywhere in the world, but your English needs to be native.
- Reliable. You need to be able to commit to at least 4 hours a week, long term. Don't leave us hanging without notice, it's not nice.
- Ready to start. We needed you, like, yesterday.
- Writing and SEO skills. Can you engage with writers in a personable way? Explain things simply but in a fun way (e.g. make it sound like rock science, not rocket science)? Do you tell it like it is, without offending but with an opinion? Do you have the SEO skills to back it up?
- WordPress knowledge. You need to comfortable moving around the WP platform.
- Rate per hour. Our suggested rate is $25 USD/hour. If your rate is more, convince us why you're worth it.
- Research. You'll need excellent research skills. Our articles never make claims we can't back up. Do you have the skill to find interesting facts that add value to the articles?
- Value. We are looking for people who can provide exceptional value for readers. Can you inspire people? Can you explain things in a way we can all understand?
- Writing style. We don't do fancy. We do understandable, relatable quality. We like to understand
what you're saying. Can you write like you're talking to a friend? Can you stop yourself from using statements like "in order to" and "herewith"?
How to Apply
Apply via email, to elle at outdoorhappens.com.
Here's what I'd like to know:
- Previous updating/editing experience
- WordPress knowledge
- Affiliate marketing/linking experience.
- Any other experience you think I should know.
One final requirement. Please take a look at this post: https://www.outdoorhappens.com/what-is-hydroseeding-grass-lush-lawn-in-3-weeks/
What would you, as our new Content Manager, change about this post? What would you add, and why?
There's no need to include your CV, we'd much prefer to read your stories!
Wishing you a lovely day,
El & the team at OH