Our company manages a number of high-quality niche websites on a range of topics, including technology, relationships, nutrition, mental health, and more.
We love online publishing and helping consumers make better buying decisions.
About the Role
We’re looking for a writer who can contribute a minimum of 1-2 articles per week on an ongoing basis for our VPN website.
About the Content
The articles usually range between 1,500 and 3,000 words each (on average, expect about 4,000 words per week). That said, an occasional single 4,000+ word in-depth piece of content may come up, too.
All content is to be well researched and include relevant contextual outbound links when it makes sense to do so.
Examples and high-level outlines will be provided. Access to VPN software will also be given when necessary.
Articles are to be written in first person, in a casual, friendly, yet professional tone with no fluff.
The types of content you may be asked to write includes:
- VPN feature guides (ex: what is a double VPN)
- VPN round ups (ex: best VPN for watching Netflix, best VPN for Germany, best VPN for Windows, etc.)
- VPN related how-to guides (ex: how to stream Netflix from abroad, how to prevent ISP throttling, etc.)
- VPN provider reviews (ex: NordVPN review)
- VPN provider comparisons (ex: ExpressVPN vs NordVPN)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Can be flexible and adjust to the needs of the business quickly
- Can handle critical feedback and adjust accordingly
- Must be comfortable doing some product and competitor research
- Is a native English speaker
- Is tech savvy (understands MS Word, Google Drive, can take screenshots if necessary, etc.)
- Has a PayPal account (to get paid)
Experience writing about VPNs or using VPNs is a plus but not required.
Budget ranges from $0.05/word up to $0.10/word depending on writing experience.
You’ll be paid via PayPal within three days after submitting work.
How to Apply
Please submit your application within the following Google form:
If we decide to move forward, we’ll be in touch via email and you’ll be asked to complete a paid trial assignment (typically 1,000 to 2,000 words).
Once the trial assignment is completed, we’ll make a decision quickly. If we decide to work together, the articles will start flowing immediately.
Even if we don’t decide to bring you onboard at this time, we’ll keep your application in our database for contact in the future.
Thank you for reading. Hope to be working with you soon!