About The Role
We're looking to add a writer to produce 2 - 5 pieces of data journalism style content per month on an ongoing basis related to home services like plumbing, pest control, HVAC, etc. Data journalism is some of the best types of content to produce to get notoriety within a niche, which is why we want to have a writer focused 100% on creating these pieces
About Three Ships
Three Ships partners with brands to expand their digital channels and add incremental customers.
Our approach to digital marketing is supported by years of success in creating performance-driven content, media investment management, and conversion rate optimization.
We love digital marketing and helping consumers make better buying decisions.
What We're Looking For
We're looking to hire one writer who can contribute a minimum of 2-5 data driven articles on topics like pest control, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
You should be familiar with finding source data and analyzing it in a way that provides insights to readers of our content.
You should also be comfortable working with designers to create visual graphics that support the content you create.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has created data journalism content in the past that has been picked up and cited as first hand research on large and industry publications
- Understands home services and the nuances that go along with the niche
- Can source first hand data in the home services space using Government databases or other similar outlets
- Has worked with designers to create visual graphics that support the content of the article
- Can handle critical feedback and adjust accordingly
- Is tech savvy (i.e., understands Google docs, wordpress, etc)
Budget ranges from $150 - $500/article depending on experience of the writer.
Article length isn't so relavent as we are looking for useful data journalism, which may be as short as 300 words but provide very good analysis backed by data.
Do You Need To Have Experience With Home Services?
No, but it is preferred that you have experiences in the home services space.
We have a high editorial standard to ensure the content produced meet and exceeds the expectations of our readers through "actionable insights" our readers can take away as value for consuming our content.
How To Apply?
Please submit your application within the following Google form: https://forms.gle/jHPCgNEmNDQPV4Dv6
I move fast in our process and am motivated to fill this position quickly.
Please include any experience you feel would be relevant for your application.