We're on a mission to create the most helpful and trusted resources for people with thyroid conditions.
The Thyroid Pharmacist team is a tight-knit team of caring thyroid advocates, who are passionate about helping people with Hashimoto's take charge of their own health.
Dr. Izabella Wentz, author of New York Times Bestselling Books, Hashimoto's: The Root Cause and Hashimoto's Protocol, as well as the cookbook, Hashimoto's Food Pharmacology, is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented, professional, and energetic team member, to join our content team.
This is a paid opportunity for work on a contractual/hourly basis, 25-35 hours per week.
If you can identify with the challenges of chronic health issues, understand the importance of taking charge of your own health, pride yourself on being effective and productive (rather than busy), and have the skills we're looking for, we'd love for you to join us!
The Health & Wellness Writer/Editor will help our team create helpful, high-quality, well-researched, action-oriented, specific, and in-depth content that will reach hundreds of thousands of people in the Thyroid Pharmacist community. Our online articles are research-driven and typically run between 1500 and 5000 words.
Working with our team, you’ll edit new content, produce original content, repurpose previously published content, and set our already-high bar for content quality continuously higher. You will ensure that every piece of content we produce is on-voice, follows our format, and most importantly, is written in a way that allows the reader to feel empowered.
What will your primary duties be?
- Research and develop (write and/or edit) clear, accurate, and engaging content in accordance with style guide
- Edit, revise, and review content prior to publication
- Work with the editor and management team to develop original and repurposed content for ThyroidPharmacist.com, our email newsletter, and other properties
- Develop content for products, launches, and other marketing activities
- “Translate” scientific information into layperson terms
- Fact-check, research, and cite information in long-form articles (AMA style)
- Ensure that our content complies with FDA guidelines, copyright law, and other legal requirements
- Assist with developing outlines and intake forms for content pieces
- Collaborate with the management team to distribute content assignments among content creators
- Maintain the editorial calendar and associated tasks, and monitor workloads and throughput to ensure deadlines are met
- Work with our designer to revise and/or develop images for social and article content
- Draft social media headlines and copy to accompany content at publication
- Discuss assignments with content team to resolve roadblocks promptly
- Load content into our content management software and email marketing platform
- Serve as a point-of-contact and advocate for the content team; collaborate with other teams to ensure that our content supports their objectives, and vice versa
- Identify and recommend potential changes to our content types, standards, styles, and processes
What will you ensure gets done?
- Creation and publication of consistently high-quality, high-performing content that adheres to our style, voice, and other brand standards
- Timely completion of all steps required to produce and publish content, such that the content calendar runs smoothly and content is ready for publication well in advance of intended publication dates
- Resolution of any feedback from the CEO about specific content pieces or our content in general
- Minimization of the CEO’s direct involvement in the content review/editing process
- Identification and inclusion of appropriate links/resources in content, as defined by our content guidelines and procedures
What traits do you possess?
- Passion for health and for helping others
- Excellent writing, researching, and editing skills
- Ability to translate complex information into layman's terms
- Fanatical attention to syntax, grammar, style, and other details
- Understanding of how to use voice and tone to best get a message across
- Strong oral communication skills
- Excellent teaching and coaching ability
- Strong sense of accountability; problem-solver
- Empathy; ability to view issues from the perspective of others
- Resiliency; clear-mindedness under pressure
- Adaptability, flexibility, and humility
- Thirst for self-improvement and continuous learning/development
What have you done before?
- Experience researching and writing science-based (wellness and/or medical) articles at an academic level
- Experience developing (writing/ghostwriting/editing) engaging digital content
- Experience publishing digital content online and via email using platforms such as Rainmaker, WordPress, ConvertKit, etc
- Experience writing and reviewing research-driven medical content
- Fluent user of online collaboration and communication tools
- Background in functional medicine, and knowledge of Hashimoto’s/thyroid and autoimmune disease preferred
- Familiarity with content marketing and social media preferred
How to Apply
If you read the description above and thought, "YES! That's me!" - Great! We'd love to talk to you. Please click here to apply.
(Please do not apply for this position if you do not have the desired skill set. We love that you want to help our mission, but if you're not qualified, we won't waste your time by contacting you about this role.)
Thanks! We can't wait to work with you.