We need a wordsmith who will mostly edit but also do some long-form writing who:
- Can write/edit in English at a native-speaker level. It's okay if you're not actually a native speaker; some of our best writers aren't.
- We do require excellent writing skills though.
- Have ability to translate complex information into layman's terms
- Have excellent research and fact-checking skills.
- Pay a lot of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Are great to work with, follow instructions, meet deadlines, and take feedback well
- Have fanatical attention to syntax, grammar, style, and other details
- Understand of how to use voice and tone to best get a message across
- Have a strong sense of accountability; problem-solver
- Have integrity
- Have empathy; ability to view issues from the perspective of others
- Have resiliency; clear-mindedness under pressure
- Have adaptability, flexibility, and humility
- Have passion for health and for helping others
- Experience researching and writing science-based (wellness and/or medical) articles at an academic level
- Experience developing (writing/ghostwriting/editing) engaging digital content
- Experience writing and reviewing research-driven medical content
- Ability to adapt to new writing tools, techniques, and formulas
- Can speak good English (we need to be able to communicate with you about the projects)
- Can take constructive feedback & build from there
- Must have good internet connection (and backup!)
- Other notes: Working hours must overlap by ~3 hours with our US team, which is based in USA Pacific Time (Mon - Fri, 9AM – 7PM PST) for potentially several days up to a few weeks at the inception of this opportunity. Long term, this requirement may only be necessary once a week for status updates.