AndroidAuthority.com is your source for authoritative content on the consumer tech industry, producing fast-breaking news, in-depth reviews, thought-provoking features, and much more. Beyond just Android — or mobile tech in general — we also cover computing, entertainment, wearables, smart home, display tech, audio, apps, and more.
We’re currently looking for a part- or full-time News Writer, based in North America, to create full-spectrum content for our website. You will be required to produce news articles from start to finish, focused on the mobile technology landscape as well as Android Authority’s verticals listed above.
Our desired candidate is a news writer through-and-through, which means someone who can source their own stories, follow leads, and rely on their own network of contacts to identify potential story ideas. The role requires demonstrated expertise in the consumer technology space and at least two years covering the news desk of a similar publication.
North America, or anywhere in the world if you’re able to consistently work during North America daytime hours
- 20/40 hours a week
- Research, develop, and produce high-quality and authoritative content — from ideation to publication — in a timely manner, often under tight deadlines, for our website
- Create, edit, and publish polished articles for Android Authority
- Coordinate with Managing Editor on topics, schedules, and priorities
- Prior experience writing for a technology website
- Professional writing and photography experience
- Knowledge of, or willingness to adapt to, AP writing style
- A collaborative attitude and strong self-motivation
- Comprehensive understanding of the terminology, tech landscape, and news cycles
- Ability to turn around posts quickly - e.g. 30 minutes for a basic news post
- Proven ability to craft engaging stories about run-of-the-mill news stories
- An understanding of general SEO principles and experience working in WordPress are preferable, but not essential
Competitive, based on experience
Please complete our application form at the link below and include your CV and cover letter:
Tell us a little bit about yourself in your cover letter, including your salary expectations, and be sure to answer the all-important question: How will you put the authority in Android Authority?