My name is John Baker, and I’m the content strategy nerd for Torii, a SaaS Management Platform (If you want to learn about what the heck that means, I outline it near the end of this post)
Your time is valuable! As such, I’ll skip to the Requirements/Benefits. To apply
- Native English-speaking writer based in United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand
- Experience - 3+ years of writing experience
- Competence - comfortable writing about technology, software, SaaS, and IT, without relying on fluff or jargon
- Open to Feedback - you will be required to work with me directly for the review and approval - let’s work together to produce the best possible content
- Not a thief - I will not tolerate plagiarism in any form - let good ideas inform your thinking, but the content itself must be created by you
- Work from anywhere
- Generally hands-off approach (no stand-ups, or required meetings beyond providing specific points feedback)
- Clear payment structure
- Frequency - 4-6 articles per month with opportunity to grow
- Workload - Your main task will be creating new content, but sometimes we will have older articles re-written
- Payment is per word - articles will have a set range that can vary from 750-1000, all the way up to 3500
- Deadlines - We expect you to complete an article within roughly one working week
- Project Management - Articles will be assigned via an Asana board - feedback will be done through google docs,
- Paid Trial - as part of the evaluation process, you will be assigned an article to write as a paid trial - You will write an initial draft - I will review and provide feedback, and based on that you will produce a final version
- Ghostwriting - This is a ghostwriting position, meaning we will have full ownership and copyrights of the articles you write. Your articles will be edited by us and posted under a different name, with no credit to you.
More about the role:
I’m looking for skilled writers who can help me transform of collection of good ideas into a resource brimming with knowledge and insight to help technology professionals with their daily activities.
Who are you? You are comfortable talking about technology, innovation, SaaS, and business strategy. You can communicate ideas and respond well to feedback. You are comfortable conducting research on complex topics and interviewing SMEs when necessary. You enjoy turning complex ideas into readable prose.
Who are we? We’re Torii - a SaaS Management Platform that allows organizations to manage their entire software stack all from one place. The typical company has hundreds of applications, many of which they don’t even know about. With Torii, they can view and organize those applications as well as gain insight into which apps are used most frequently, and which ones are wasted. They can also automate difficult or boring tasks saving time, resources, and reducing risk exposure. With Torii, organizations can both discover and act on every SaaS App in their portfolio.