What We’re Looking For
We’re on the hunt for a talented writer that’s passionate about the outdoors.
Applicants are expected to have a solid foundation of knowledge about various outdoor activities such as camping and hiking.
We’re not expecting a Bear Grylls or Ray Mears level of knowledge, just a competent understanding of various terms and the equipment you’ll be discussing.
You’ll be provided with a brief and an article outline, however additional research will often be required. Most articles will be product guides and round up type posts, often discussing the 10 best products in a given area. As such, writers will be expected to source additional information online through various forums, other products reviews and YouTube videos.
Ideally, applicants will have a good amount of experience writing in this area, and will be able to provide examples of articles previously written on outdoor activities (camping would be ideal).
About the Job
The job will consist of approximately 15 articles per month, each averaging around 3000 words depending on the article.
Each Monday, you will be provided with the briefs and article outlines (between 3-4), in which we expect to be written and submitted by the following Monday.
Articles will need to be well written, resonate with the target audience (outdoor enthusiasts), accurate and copyright free. All articles will be checked for plagiarism, so please be original in your content.
We currently have a content plan for the next three months, so there’s plenty of consistent work to be had, with a good chance of continuing further.
- Native English speaker/ extremely high standard of writing in the English language
- Expertise writing in the outdoors niche – camping related articles will comprise the bulk of the first 3 months of work. With that in mind, camping experience and experience writing articles on camping is a massive plus.
- Examples of previous work will be required for consideration.
- Flexible working hours – as long as the articles are submitted to a high standard and on time, work whenever you like.
- Consistent work every week
- Opportunity for further work beyond 3 months