Are you a gardening, food, and basil enthusiast?
Do you love growing basil from seed, trimming different varietals from your Aerogarden, and dreaming up recipes with your basil bounty?
And do you love researching, writing and blogging?
If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading!
We’re looking for an expert and creative basil writer to contribute to our site, ForTheLoveOfBasil.com. The site has articles about growing and cooking with basil, including basil care tips and recipes. Traffic is on a serious upswing, growing from around 800 pageviews per month this time last year, to 16,000 page views this month!
This is an opportunity for you to write about the thing you love most - growing basil, caring for it, and cooking with it!
You might be:
- A culinary herb gardening hobbyist who can’t stop thinking about your plants;
- Someone who has mastered the art of growing basil from seed, cuttings, and sprouting it in water;
- A basil lover familiar with the difference between Thai Basil, Lettuce Basil, Holy Basil, and Greek Basil;
- Someone who loves cooking with and caring for culinary herbs in general.
If that sounds like you, we want you to write for us.
To be successful in this role, you truly need to love, grow and use basil. You probably even have a few plants growing at your place right now!
We hate to be a pest-o about this, but we're only looking for true basil fans :)
Still here? Good stuff!
So, what’s in it for you? This is an opportunity to make money from your passion, and share your basil knowledge with our readers.
We offer a consistent and flexible flow of freelance writing work, along with a suite of editorial tools that can complement your skills as a writer and journaling enthusiast.
- At least 2+ years writing experience
- Writing samples in the gardening and food niches, ideally related to basil
- A true basil lover, who grows and cooks with it in their daily life.
- Competitive freelance rates, paying $0.06 per word.
- Consistent workload of 1 article per week, with the opportunity to grow
- Flexibility to complete articles as and when you see fit, within an overarching deadline
- Work in a niche you’re passionate about