Do you love the Raspberry Pi single board computers and what one can do with them? Are you interested in artificial intelligence technology?
We're looking for an experienced editor who is interested in editing and managing content about the Raspberry Pi single board computers, and / or AI technology (specifically the Coral platform by Google). This is going to be a long-term colloboration. We require technical skills, native English. and will pay competitive rates.
A big plus would be if you are a bilingual, proficient German speaker in addition to the required English.
Who we are:
pi3g e.K. is a German company with 9 years of experience in the Raspberry Pi area as an official, approved Raspberry Pi reseller (since the launch of the Pi in 2012). We're also developing our own hardware and software products.
Head on over to https://pi3g.com to read more about our company.
Who we're looking for:
Looking forward to your application, if this is you:
- focus on high-quality and precision in writing, stating correct facts about the technology - ensuring that our writers deliver
- passionate about technology, with a specific focus on Raspberry Pi and/or artificial intelligence - we require at least some hands-on experience.
- experience with technical writing and editing - presenting technical facts and knowledge to readers in an engaging and interesting way
- experience in managing writers and selecting engaging topics
- experience in keyword research
- bilingual German / English would be a huge plus
- WordPress experience & SEO optimisation experience with the Yoast plugin
Working remotely is possible - briefing would be done using Zoom or Google Meet, and e-Mail.
You must be a native English writer / editor to apply for this position. We will only consider applications with proper spelling and grammar.
You must have technical skills and knowledge, including Linux and the command line.
Benefits of working as an editor with us
- competitive rates, based on your experience
- long-term focus - we are going to require constant fresh content for our readers
- freedom to experiment with different content types and topics for the writers - as long as our business targets are met, you can go for different topics with your team of writers.
- fast & reliable payment (deriving from actual product sales, not advertising revenue)
- enough time for research & people management - quality & relationships are important for us!
- small management team - you're a person for us, and your contribution matters
- design support by our web designer Anna-Lena
What you will be working on
https://picockpit.com - PiCockpit is our web plattform for the Raspberry Pi.
You will be extending existing articles, and also creating fresh content by colloborating with freelance writers. Working with our graphic designer, you will add illustrations, come up with infographics, etc - the ultimate goal is to drive traffic and sales (as always ;-))
You will manage the process of hiring new writers, post job-ads and pre-select writers, and advise us on pay rates for the individual writers according to their abilities.
You will manage & coach our existing writers, proofread and publish their content on WordPress (and possibly Shopify) & do keyword research and select topics which will generate traffic.
The content covers topics which are of interest to the average Raspberry Pi user. The content will be in-depth, and high quality. We are looking to build several "skyscrapers" which will provide consistent traffic on relevant topics to our website.
For example, the currently best-performing article is this:
If you have experienced writers in your network whom you trust to deliver quality content, we are open to you introducing them.
Coral by Google: We are looking to build up content targetting an industrial user base - people who would be looking to build Google Coral products into their own applications. Specifically, we are looking to create content and instructions around the Coral Devboard Mini
These will be project ideas, general introductions to AI applications and practical use cases. We might also be interested in the creation of whitepapers for this topic.
How to apply
Please send us your CV, your compensation expectations, and how much time you would be able to dedicate to the project. Include references to past employers / clients who you have worked for as an editor.
Please write in detail about your interest in the Raspberry Pi platform and/or artificial intelligence, and point out your areas of expertise.
Please also answer the following questions, to allow me to gauge your technical skills (you don't need to have 100 % of them correct):
- what is the difference between a Raspberry Pi and a PC?
- what is Linux?
- what do the following shell commands do:
- how does deep learning work (roughly)?
Also, please include some sample articles, or links to content you have written in the past, to be able to see your writing style. Ideally this should be of a technical nature, not necessarily Raspberry Pi or Coral-related.
Looking forward to your application! - Max